Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-01-2007, 01:55 PM   #31
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

Re: We had a scare last night....

Yep, sounds like me and the soda lately. I get free drinks at work(and french fries when I steal them from the cooks! and sometimes little ramekins of pickles! YUM!) so it's hard to drink water when soda is free and I dont' buy it for the house. BUT I started on Sunday drinking my water with LOTS of ice(I like to crunch it) and 2-3 lemon wedges in each glass and it's totally tolerable. Either that or I add a splash of lemonade to it. And it's SO good! I was shocked! I dehyrated several times due to vomitting with Lulu and went into ptl at 24, 27, 29, and 32weeks. It was no fun! Definitely up that water intake and keep little man in there a bit longer.

Advertisement

Old 10-01-2007, 07:50 PM   #32
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zosiasmama View Post
Hey mama,
So sorry to hear this. The problem with tea is that it is a diuretic and actually sucks water from your body, I pee like crazy when i drink tea, even decaf.
So as for the water, try to make homemade lemonade for a change!
What i do is every time that I go into the kitchen I pour myself a small cup of water and make myself drink it. I go to the kitchen a lot and stare into the fridge thinking that something good will just appear, so i end up getting a lot! Hope you feel better! Danni
Thanks! I knew it was something like that....(diuretic) I remember the nurse telling us that when I had to be hospitalized with dd but couldn't remember for sure. I thought all the peeing was good

Thats a great idea about the small glass of water! Thanx
Old 10-01-2007, 07:51 PM   #33
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by faerybugmady View Post
Yep, sounds like me and the soda lately. I get free drinks at work(and french fries when I steal them from the cooks! and sometimes little ramekins of pickles! YUM!) so it's hard to drink water when soda is free and I dont' buy it for the house. BUT I started on Sunday drinking my water with LOTS of ice(I like to crunch it) and 2-3 lemon wedges in each glass and it's totally tolerable. Either that or I add a splash of lemonade to it. And it's SO good! I was shocked! I dehyrated several times due to vomitting with Lulu and went into ptl at 24, 27, 29, and 32weeks. It was no fun! Definitely up that water intake and keep little man in there a bit longer.
Yeah dehydration isn't fun at all Those dern IV's hurt! WTG for starting to drink water!!
Old 10-01-2007, 08:01 PM   #34
Bunny
Be strong little marshmallow.
Formerly: s**e**h
seller

That's scary! I'm glad you're okay.

Logan - you stay put for another 11 weeks. Your mama said so.
Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 12:13 AM   #35
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanx momma-itd be a big change having an early baby vs. a late baby (dd was late) but then again, theyre already opposites w/dd being a spring baby and he's gonna be a winter baby