Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-29-2006, 10:43 PM   #1
Cute Little Bugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
washing CD in front-loader...Please Help!!

We are expecting our first in July, and super excited about cloth diapers! We need a new washer and dryer, and have been agonizing over which one would work best for the dipes. We're planning to start with CPFs and covers, and BF. I would love to get a front loader to save on energy and have the large capacity, but I'm worried about how well it cleans. I would also love to have a machine that I only need to turn on ONCE and then throw in the dryer. Does this machine exist? I noticed the Duet will allow a prewash/hot cycle/extra rinse all in one program. What brand works best for you? What's your wash routine? I would love your opinions!

Amanda

EDD 7/24/06 Anna Marie

Advertisement

Cute Little Bugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 12:11 AM   #2
mom22lilguys
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: washing CD in front-loader...Please Help!!

I have a really basic front loader by frigidare that I really like. I really wish it had an option to pre-rinse or soak( I have to reset it myself to do that) but it gets the diapers really clean and it spins really fast at the end so the drying time is greatly reduced.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:51 AM   #3
dessismama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is what I do: short cold wash (for a rinse), long hot/cold wash wioth detergent, long hot/cold with nothing. Works for me but I do have to turn the machine on 3 times...
dessismama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 06:26 AM   #4
Gwen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have the Bosch and here is what I do

Throw in dipes - add 1/2 TEASPOON (DO NOT USE TOO MUCH DETERGANT- YOU WILL NEVER GET IT OUT WITH A FRONTLOADER AND YOUR BABY WILL GET A RASH!) tide free.

I do the hot wash with the rinse plus!

I hang dry my pockets and covers and then throw everything else in the dryer - my stuff is sooooooo clean!

GWen
Old 04-30-2006, 07:20 AM   #5
Meisubaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have the Kenmore HE3T and I LOVE IT! I do set mine twice but thats because I want to rinse them before I wash them to get the pee out so its not just swishing around in all that pee. Then after I do a rinse its all set for the sanitary wash and prewash and an extra rinse too. They come out clean and fresh smelling although we did go through 2 weeks of stinky diapers. I think it was because of him being sick and I should have washed them sanitary twice. Since then I have no problems at all. I use Tide powder on our diapers but I only use a little bit.
Meisubaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 08:08 AM   #6
Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:

I have a Tromm, and it's great. It has a small generator, so it makes it's own electricity while it runs. Make sure you get one with a super fast spin speed. Then you can have AIO's and the drying time isn't an issue! Mine dry in one cycle in my dryer, it's great!

For my wash I put it through the works. Pre-wash (sometimes with a squirt of Dawn or Borax if there's a lot of nasties in there) wash on hot with the highest soil level and a stain cycle, plus an extra rinse. I washes for about 2 hours with no babysitting, and the diapers come out clean. Oh, I do the highest spin speed as well.
Old 04-30-2006, 02:21 PM   #7
baconbitz
Registered Users

I have an LG Tromm low end model. I turn my machine on twice, but could probably get away with once if I used the prewash option. I run a cold rinse. After that I run a cycle on hot wash/cold rinse w/extra rinse. I use the towels setting and heavy soil setting. Everything comes out clean.
baconbitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 03:06 PM   #8
mom_of_3g_1b
Registered Users
seller

I have a Kenmore. I run a cold/cold short wash with extra rinse then a hot/cold wash with extra rinse. With a full load of AIOs (25-30) it takes 90 minutes in the dryer on high. It would be nice to have a machine that did it all in one cycle.
Old 04-30-2006, 10:10 PM   #9
EasterBun
Yarn Snob
seller

My Mood:

I have the LG TROMM SteamWasher and I *love* it Gets my diapers totally clean, and it has prewash, extra rinse, stain cycle, and extra water options... I usually set all of those and I could not be happier with the results. I've only been using it two weeks now, but I've washed diapers 7 or 8 times and I think my diapers just get cleaner and cleaner
EasterBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:47 PM   #10
Cute Little Bugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thank you for your advice! Does anyone have a Duet? The LG model seems pretty popular...I'll have to look into that one more. I like the idea of an extra water option Thanks for your input! I'm feeling less anxious about cleaning dipes in a front-loader!

Amanda
Cute Little Bugs is offline   Reply With Quote