Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-28-2006, 07:59 AM   #11
Martha
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Taci is a Tummy Sleeper,Make Me Feel Better About This

All three of mine were tummy sleepers....they WOULD NOT sleep at all ontheir backs! Now that Gretchen is almost 6 months...she sleeps whatever way she wants....but yeah....I have tummy sleepers too!

Advertisement

Old 07-28-2006, 08:50 AM   #12
ChurchPunkMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ALL four of my kids slept on their tummy. The only way they would sleep! Once they can roll over on their own, it doesn't matter.. it also matters even less once they are 6mo or older. Mine sleep either in a swing, in bed with me, or on their tummy from the time they're born. That's part of why mine don't usually sleep in their own bed until they're older.
ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 09:02 AM   #13
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

I never put them on their belly, but once they started rolling that way and sleeping that way on their own - I allowed it. I shouldn't say that I allowed it, because there wasn't anything I could do to stop it Now ds2 can hardly sleep any way but on his belly...ds1 usually ends up on his side, but kind of on his belly.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:03 PM   #14
ashkash
Registered Users
seller

All 3 of my kids have been tummy sleepers from the beginning. They just never seemed to sleep soundly on their backs. They all have had very good head control from the start too, though, so I guess that made me worry a bit less. And they sleep with their little sleep sacks for a while too, instead of blankets, so no worries of things getting over their noses & mouths.
#5 Due 11/2012 - It's a GIRL!

ashkash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 09:22 PM   #15
mommypooh
Registered Users

My kids have always slept so much better on their tummy's and I remember putting both my brothers down on their tummy's So i never had an issue with letting mykids tummy sleep. It changes all the time back an forth, THe medical community dosen't know up from down, so I take what they say with a grain of salt. I will do it my way.
mommypooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 10:46 PM   #16
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ds is just about 15months old and has slept on his tummy from about day 1....our ped said not to worry about it "We slept on our tummys and look how we turned out" is what he said to me I stll to this day sleep on my tummy, that was mainly the only part I did not like about being preg was not being able to sleep on my tummy.
LuAnn
Old 07-31-2006, 06:16 AM   #17
twinsmomkatie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuAnn
Ds is just about 15months old and has slept on his tummy from about day 1....our ped said not to worry about it "We slept on our tummys and look how we turned out" is what he said to me I stll to this day sleep on my tummy, that was mainly the only part I did not like about being preg was not being able to sleep on my tummy.
LuAnn
Same here! (except my twins are now 2 1/2 and my baby is 8 months . . . I was always afraid the twins would smother each other, but they just could not sleep in separate cribs.) I LOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVEEEEE sleeping on my tummy!
Old 07-31-2006, 07:38 AM   #18
jkelstaten
Registered Users

I wouldn't worry too much. Both of my girls slept on their belly from day 1. The nurses in the hospital couldn't understand why they would cry when they swaddled them and put them on their backs, but mommy instinct knew why so most of the time in the hospital they were in bed with me so I could at least cuddle them. At home with them I always put them on the stomach bcuz they wouldn't sleep otherwise. I just made sure that their pjs were warm enough that they didn't need a blanket and there were no toys or anything in their beds.
jkelstaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 07:50 AM   #19
happyhomemom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

All three of mine are were tummy sleepers from day one. When my older two were born they said tummy sleeping was the best way to prevent SIDS They do not really know in my opion. I would let my kids sleep however they sleep best.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:44 AM   #20
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:

My daughter slept on her tummy from day one.

Tummy sleepers develop faster. They will play on their tummys at play time, they learn to crawl earlier than a child who hates to be on his tummy.

I have had daycare parents who will freak out if they walk in and the baby is on his tummy. The child is playing on the floor, and the parents have a cow. I have one Mom who still swaddles her ten month old son, so he won't roll over. He has a VERY flat head, and still doesn't even crawl. He can sit up if you put him there, he can roll, but he can't crawl, or even get up on his knees.

Let her sleep however she is comfortable. If she got herself there, she deserves to be there.

Besides, is there anything cuter than a baby butt sticking up in the air????
escapethevillage is offline   Reply With Quote