Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-05-2014, 10:42 PM   #1
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Tips for nausea?

We're planning to TTC in the near future, and I'm already nervous about morning sickness- mine is all day for about 10 weeks. Really demoralizing and depressing.

I have learned that FRESH ginger is most potent for morning sickness- hopefully that is true! I usually would do dried and it didn't help too much. So that's on my anti-nausea list.

Has anyone used Sea Bands wrist acupressure bands for nausea with success? One of my old friends swore by them and I don't know why I didn't splurge the $7 on them last time around when I was SUCH a mess. I'll have those ready to go.

I should add I DO eat properly- a balance of carbs, protein, and fat as frequently as possible to try to keep my blood sugar steady- but even so, I still get the terrible morning sickness. I'm reading up on homeopathics for it, also.

Is there anything you found worked wonders for you?

TIA!

Advertisement

momomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 05:54 AM   #2
imnotacodfish
Registered Users
seller

Re: Tips for nausea?

My mom lived off saltines and Coke when she was pregnant. She got so sick that she lost weight with my sister. That was the only thing that helped. I got nausea, but it was related to low blood sugar, so I always kept a bag of Goldfish crackers and a bag of Jolly Ranchers hard candy in my purse. Always eating something helped.
imnotacodfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:34 AM   #3
dealdiva
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm in the middle of it now.
My doctor recommended taking vitamin B6 (up to 100 mg/day). It seems to help a little.
dealdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:52 AM   #4
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I was given B6 shots once a week and it helped a ton. That was about the only thing that worked.
missydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:43 PM   #5
samakh
Registered Users
Formerly shmily3

Every pregnancy has been a bit different for me, but I found that increasing magnesium and iron helped a ton (along with vit B, as others have already posted). Also getting in some exercise helped.
samakh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 09:22 AM   #6
Wifeofchet
Registered Users

I'm not exactly qualified to answer this since I never experienced very bad morning sickness. But I found that taking Dr. Shultz. "Superfood" either powder or capsules, (whichever you can keep down) really helped relieve the nausea I had as well as give me a lot more energy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wifeofchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 10:24 AM   #7
Jcurrie
Registered Users
seller

I use the sea bands for motion sickness and morning sickness and find they do help. Sea bands also has a ginger gum. Sipping on water with fresh lemon squeeze in it helped me too. Besides just eating regularly and whatever I could stomach at the time, I also keep preggie pops in my purse and I find they take the edge off in extreme nausea moments. David's Tea makes a really nice 'Mothers helper' (I think that's what it's called) tea. I like that too, much tastier than the earth mama angel baby tea I have.
Jcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 05:43 PM   #8
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks, ladies! I do take lots of B6- like 300mg. I do suspect maybe magnesium deficiency was part of it. I am taking as much magnesium as I can now, up to bowel tolerance, so hopefully if I keep that up, it might help prevent some of it- we'll see!
momomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 07:33 PM   #9
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

Zofran was my best friend. Nothing else worked, not B6, ginger, lemon drops, etc.
Melinda29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 07:48 PM   #10
Chibirsd
Registered Users
seller

I tried everything. Zofran just make me so constipated but I was still so nauseated I stopped taking it cause it wasn't worth it. I did the b6 unisom combo and although I still felt like crap it helped my appetite. Seabands didn't work at all for me.

I just ate whatever didn't sound disgusting , would throw up then eat again. try to nap as much as possible etc
Chibirsd is offline   Reply With Quote