Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-25-2015, 08:30 PM   #1
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Depends for after birth bleeding?

Has anyone used them for that purpose? How did they work?

Has anyone considered them for after this pregnancy?

Apparently they're supposed to be easier, more comfortable, and have less leaks than big pads and mesh underwear.

((Jamie: mom to five & Baby W due 01/5/16! Domestic diva, in love with my firefighter.
*My posts are for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice*))

Advertisement

Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 10:21 AM   #2
Gymnbomb
Registered Users

Re: Depends for after birth bleeding?

I used them (actually I used a sample pack of Depends and then some size L Huggies GoodNites...) during the day for the first day or two I was at home and then at night for a few more days. Never had leaks or any other problems from them. Will probably do the same again if we have a second.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Gymnbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 11:43 AM   #3
D's Mutti
Registered Users

I did. I loved that I didn't have to worry about any shifting or leaking. No one could tell that I was wearing them. It was so much more comfortable than a pad (probably because I've never liked wearing pads). I will absolutely do it again when we have another child.
D's Mutti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 11:47 AM   #4
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's Mutti View Post
I did. I loved that I didn't have to worry about any shifting or leaking. No one could tell that I was wearing them. It was so much more comfortable than a pad (probably because I've never liked wearing pads). I will absolutely do it again when we have another child.
I have heard people say this but I have a hard time computing it in my mind....it seems like it would be a ginormous pad, so less comfortable. Is it softer? More breathable? Something else?

Personally I don't think I will be doing it, disposable products tend to make me sweat and itch. Although if these are way different they might not, but I'd hate to buy some to see, and my really heavy bleeding doesn't last long anyway.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 03:03 PM   #5
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

I've used them. I liked that you didn't have to worry about a pad shifting or leaking. I didn't find them super comfortable but it's not like those giant pads and mesh underwear are any better. I found I got kinda sweaty in them, but overall they were good when it came to the heavy bleeding the first couple of days.
Old 09-28-2015, 03:57 PM   #6
D's Mutti
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten
I have heard people say this but I have a hard time computing it in my mind....it seems like it would be a ginormous pad, so less comfortable. Is it softer? More breathable? Something else? Personally I don't think I will be doing it, disposable products tend to make me sweat and itch. Although if these are way different they might not, but I'd hate to buy some to see, and my really heavy bleeding doesn't last long anyway.
It's more like thicker underwear. Imagine it more like waterproof cloth trainers for potty training kids but adult size. There isn't a large lump of fabric taped in the necessary part of your underwear. For me, even disposable panty liners never stay stuck to my underwear and then end up getting painfully stuck to sensitive areas; so making it more like underwear and zero adhesive makes it much more doable for me.

Last edited by D's Mutti; 09-28-2015 at 03:59 PM.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:16 AM   #7
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My major issue with the big cloth pads and mesh underwear is the shifting. At night I tend to leak a lot. I'm also on blood thinner so, though I haven't seemed to bleed for longer than normal, I may bleed more than a woman not on blood thinner.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:17 AM   #8
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Did you use a certain brand and absorbency?

I went on and ordered the free sample pack from the Depends site. I did look at them when we went grocery shopping, just to see what was on the shelf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's Mutti View Post
Old 09-29-2015, 12:16 PM   #9
D's Mutti
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunkify
Did you use a certain brand and absorbency? I went on and ordered the free sample pack from the Depends site. I did look at them when we went grocery shopping, just to see what was on the shelf.
I got the Depend brand specifically for women in maximum absorbency. It was (when I got it at least) a dark green bag with a purple stripe on it. If necessary, I can try to figure out how to post a pic for you.
Old 09-29-2015, 02:20 PM   #10
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I will look for those, thanks!