Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2007, 06:36 PM   #11
DivineNature's Avatar
DivineNature
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,794
My Mood:
Re: Ways to make money at home???

ooh, I just looked at your blog. You really should sign up for the WAHM Wares forum here so you can post your I-Spy bags. I think they look great! People are looking for that kind of thing for Christmas.

Advertisement

__________________
Ask me how to get $25 for opening an ING savings account today!
Rachel: WAHM to Jordan (12), Kelsey (6), :wave2: Salem (3)
Check out my Thrifty Crafty Blog! Article on thrift, recipes, DIY and finances!
You haven't joined SWAGBUCKS yet? JOIN NOW & earn prizes!
DivineNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 07:02 PM   #12
hssusie's Avatar
hssusie
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,398
Re: Ways to make money at home???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof7 View Post
not sure if any of us are close and could help but what area are you in?

I am really good at the Michigan emergency help....I am sure some other mamas are good at other states...
What is Michigan emergency help? Never heard of that. I live in MS. THANKS!!
__________________
Eat it up, wear it out.
Make do, or do without.

You are as much serving God in looking after your own children, training them up in God's fear, minding the house, and making your household a church for God as you would be if you had been called to lead an army to battle for the Lord of hosts. ~Charles Spurgeon
hssusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 07:06 PM   #13
hssusie's Avatar
hssusie
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,398
Re: Ways to make money at home???

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineNature View Post
Does DH qualify for Social Security Disability?
I know a lot of mamas on here would love to buy handmade wooden toys for Christmas. You could post on the WAHM board for free (after you sign up for it).
I know 30 miles seems like a long commute, but if it meant you could get a job making $1000+ a month it might be worth it.
He has just about finished filling out the disability forms online. We have been told by many that it can take up to 3 years to be approve. And that is with fighting for it with a lawyer. Thankfully the lawyers don't charge unless they win your case. We have started the ball rolling, but it is a long road ahead.

I will mention the idea of selling wooden toys online to dh! I think he will like that!!

Yes, IF I can get a job making that much it would be worth the gas. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to do that and be away from dd, but I will if it comes to it.

THANK YOU!!
__________________
Eat it up, wear it out.
Make do, or do without.

You are as much serving God in looking after your own children, training them up in God's fear, minding the house, and making your household a church for God as you would be if you had been called to lead an army to battle for the Lord of hosts. ~Charles Spurgeon

Last edited by hssusie; 11-02-2007 at 07:17 PM.
hssusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 07:13 PM   #14
hssusie's Avatar
hssusie
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,398
Re: Ways to make money at home???

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveSunshine View Post
HUGE, HUGE for you, mama. I totally feel for you. I work from home doing customer service for an online-based store. The best thing I can suggest is to find different stores on the internet and apply to do customer service. Different diaper stores, maybe? Your family is in my prayers.

Oh, I wanted to add, DH just started back to school to finish his engineering degree. He works at Home Depot PT (30 hrs a week), carries a 17 hour course load, and we have two small kiddos, I know how hard it is, and I applaud your son for going to school to better himself. Tell him to stick to it!
WOW how does your dh do it all and keep up his grades!!? My ds is in the books from the time he is awake to the time he falls asleep. He has a 4.0 and has mannaged to keep that, but can't let his GPA slip below 3.5 of he will loose the big scholarship that pays his way. Next year he will have to go to state to finish up the last 2 years. That is a mega bucks college and he will have to coop to pay his way. Scholarships alone won't pay. Unfortuanatly that will extend his last 2 years to 3 years.

I will have to look into online customer service. I have never heard of that outside of those acutally working from the store base.

THANKS!!
__________________
Eat it up, wear it out.
Make do, or do without.

You are as much serving God in looking after your own children, training them up in God's fear, minding the house, and making your household a church for God as you would be if you had been called to lead an army to battle for the Lord of hosts. ~Charles Spurgeon
hssusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 07:16 PM   #15
hssusie's Avatar
hssusie
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,398
Re: Ways to make money at home???

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineNature View Post
ooh, I just looked at your blog. You really should sign up for the WAHM Wares forum here so you can post your I-Spy bags. I think they look great! People are looking for that kind of thing for Christmas.
Thanks for the compliment!! I will look into WAHM Wares. I have been there reciently and I have wondered about posting there. So I have to sign up? Okay! I want to do a little change to the design, take pics, and then I can post.

Thanks!!
__________________
Eat it up, wear it out.
Make do, or do without.

You are as much serving God in looking after your own children, training them up in God's fear, minding the house, and making your household a church for God as you would be if you had been called to lead an army to battle for the Lord of hosts. ~Charles Spurgeon
hssusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 07:21 PM   #16
JennyWLS's Avatar
JennyWLS
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 620
My Mood:
Re: Ways to make money at home???

I haven't found a good source of at home income at all, and I've been looking for years. Right now we are in an upside down situation where my husband is home with the kids most of the time and I work full time since I have the higher earning potential and my job carries the really, really good benefits.

We live out in the sticks and it's a huge hike to get to anything. Thankfully I was able to cut back our gasoline usage dramatically by finding a carpool for work and instead of driving 35 miles one way, I drive 6 miles to the car pool lot on the highway.

My husband does have a very part time job outside of the home, is that something you could look into? He works opposite hours of me, so we can cut back dramatically on infant daycare (which is $35/day where we live). It sucks that he has to work weekends and nights, but at the same time, it drives him crazy not to work, so it's just what has to be done to make everyone in our house happy.

Even though we are out in the middle of nowhere, he was very, very persistent and found a job less than 10 miles from our house working at a camp. It's about the only thing around here during the winter that is even open, and the flexibility works great for us. He doesn't make a heck of a lot of money, but it's more about him getting out of the house and seeing other adults than anything at this point. He was very isolated and very unhappy at home last winter so we had to make a change, and still balance our finances so that daycare didn't completely negate him working.

Good luck.
__________________
Jenny & Matt
Nathan (9) Nick (4) Lauren (3)

Our Total Money Makeover Blog
JennyWLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 07:39 PM   #17
2babiesndiaps
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,286
Re: Ways to make money at home???

Quote:
Originally Posted by hssusie View Post
THANK YOU!!
First
Second, Now is the time to do the wood toys and marketing. With all the recalls people are looking local/US to buy toys for Cmas. All he has to do is make one or two of each items and take pics. Put em online and advertise. Goggle, DS, the pin, mothering all have mamas looking for wooden toys not made in China. Also ebay might be good too. If your DH is off of work he could do the marketing sitting and finding cheap places to advertise. Also, If you can babysit for one day or sell one thing to pay for a bit of marketing it may be worth it.
I keep trying to talk my bro into this. He's a starting out contractor.
Also, have you called the food stamp office? Does your DS's car really count toward YOUR value? If he is in collage and "on his own" (I know they don't think that any more! then he"should be able to count that himself, unless y'all still count him as a dependent. Hugs mama! That's hard!
Will be praying for ya!
2babiesndiaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 07:54 PM   #18
danibu98's Avatar
danibu98
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: on a lake in South Carolina
Posts: 1,977
My Mood:
Re: Ways to make money at home???

You could do searching on Cha cha as well! It pays
__________________
Danny
Married to Kevin since 7/14/01; WOH Mommy to 3
crunchy, thrifty, cd'ing, dave ramsey junkie!
my ds feedback: http://www.kikifoxito.com/ds/forum/i...?topic=11352.0
danibu98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 07:56 PM   #19
hssusie's Avatar
hssusie
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,398
Re: Ways to make money at home???

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyWLS View Post
I haven't found a good source of at home income at all, and I've been looking for years. Right now we are in an upside down situation where my husband is home with the kids most of the time and I work full time since I have the higher earning potential and my job carries the really, really good benefits.

We live out in the sticks and it's a huge hike to get to anything. Thankfully I was able to cut back our gasoline usage dramatically by finding a carpool for work and instead of driving 35 miles one way, I drive 6 miles to the car pool lot on the highway.

My husband does have a very part time job outside of the home, is that something you could look into? He works opposite hours of me, so we can cut back dramatically on infant daycare (which is $35/day where we live). It sucks that he has to work weekends and nights, but at the same time, it drives him crazy not to work, so it's just what has to be done to make everyone in our house happy.

Even though we are out in the middle of nowhere, he was very, very persistent and found a job less than 10 miles from our house working at a camp. It's about the only thing around here during the winter that is even open, and the flexibility works great for us. He doesn't make a heck of a lot of money, but it's more about him getting out of the house and seeing other adults than anything at this point. He was very isolated and very unhappy at home last winter so we had to make a change, and still balance our finances so that daycare didn't completely negate him working.

Good luck.
I did think that IF I have to go to work at Wally World I could carpool with my sil IF we were to get the same shift.

I know what you mean about your dh's moral. My dh's spirit is lifted, even if his body is broken, just being able to do something outside of the home on rare ocassions.

Thanks for the testimony!!
__________________
Eat it up, wear it out.
Make do, or do without.

You are as much serving God in looking after your own children, training them up in God's fear, minding the house, and making your household a church for God as you would be if you had been called to lead an army to battle for the Lord of hosts. ~Charles Spurgeon
hssusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 08:02 PM   #20
hssusie's Avatar
hssusie
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,398
Re: Ways to make money at home???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2babiesndiaps View Post
First
Second, Now is the time to do the wood toys and marketing. With all the recalls people are looking local/US to buy toys for Cmas. All he has to do is make one or two of each items and take pics. Put em online and advertise. Goggle, DS, the pin, mothering all have mamas looking for wooden toys not made in China. Also ebay might be good too. If your DH is off of work he could do the marketing sitting and finding cheap places to advertise. Also, If you can babysit for one day or sell one thing to pay for a bit of marketing it may be worth it.
I keep trying to talk my bro into this. He's a starting out contractor.
Also, have you called the food stamp office? Does your DS's car really count toward YOUR value? If he is in collage and "on his own" (I know they don't think that any more! then he"should be able to count that himself, unless y'all still count him as a dependent. Hugs mama! That's hard!
Will be praying for ya!
My thoughts at well with the whole China thing!!

Yes, I called the FS dept and they said not only does his car count against us but so does my ds's money he saved up for college expenses, the saw mill we have (may sell), and the fact that no one has a regular job. It's pretty pittiful really. Next year ds # 1 leaves for college so he will not be considered living is the house hold. Problem One solved. Two left to go. In the state of MS you can only have a combined $2000 of asets (cept your house)

Thanks muchly!!
__________________
Eat it up, wear it out.
Make do, or do without.

You are as much serving God in looking after your own children, training them up in God's fear, minding the house, and making your household a church for God as you would be if you had been called to lead an army to battle for the Lord of hosts. ~Charles Spurgeon
hssusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.