Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-13-2007, 09:02 PM   #1
Ken
The Techy Guy
seller

My Mood:
Recent Downtime

Hey Everyone,

There has been a tremendous amount of downtime these past couple of weeks, particularly this week. I know this can be very frustrating for everyone. Trust me, many times I will be in the middle of working on a piece of code, just to find out it wasn't saved because the server is off line and I know many of you are in the middle of posting a message or in the middle of a PM transaction. The last thing I want to see is that dreaded message that the server is offline or not responding, it drive me nuts because I can't get anything done.

We have our own in house technician working on resolving this right now. I don't know the full scoop of the details yet. I do know that DS has been moved to another server recently, a bigger one but then there was some hardware failure right away. We have moved the site to to 3 different servers now, each one better then the last and we keep experiencing these interruptions.

Please know that we are doing everything we can to resolve the issues and keep the site up and stable. You may experience more of this downtime tonight while the techs work. Hopefully this can be done and fixed really soon, as the last think we all want is a inaccessible site. I will keep you informed as more details come in.

Thank you for you understanding and patience.

Advertisement

Last edited by Ken; 11-13-2007 at 09:05 PM.
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 11:11 PM   #2
Ken
The Techy Guy
seller

My Mood:
Re: Recent Downtime

Quick update: The site is going to be going off line in about 30 mins while we make some changes to the server.

Last edited by Ken; 11-13-2007 at 11:20 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 11-14-2007, 01:59 AM   #3
Ken
The Techy Guy
seller

My Mood:

And we are back! We just finished transferring DS to a new server. Everything seems to be quite fast and in order ATM. The real test will be tomorrow (or later today rather) but I don't think we will have any problems. We shall see. Thanks again!
Old 11-14-2007, 09:08 AM   #4
Lee
Registered Users

My Mood:

So far, so good. The site is faster than ever. If you have any tech issues or bugs you see, please notify myself or Ken through PM. Thanks!
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote