Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-04-2006, 06:10 AM   #11
geckoed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: good b-day gift for a 2 year old

love the wood "cutting" food for that age. Also a double batch of homemade playdough, theres something so thrilling to a little kid to have a huge ball of dough. A box of (washed) "treasures" from the resale shops for dressing up. A big sand bucket with water color paints, paper, sidewalk chalk, bubbles, and a beach ball. Your favorite book and a coordinating item (like Lois Ehlerts Waiting for Wings and a pack of seeds and cute trowel or a butterfly puppet, or How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight with dinosaur pjs or slippers)

Advertisement

Old 08-04-2006, 08:00 AM   #12
bellsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know I can always count on you ladies for good info. As someone who always buys gifts for others because I never had kids til now, I always struggled with this age!!!!!
Old 08-04-2006, 08:41 AM   #13
serena22304
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my son got a magna doodle for his 2nd bday and he LOVES it.
also there is these foam type letters and numbers for the bath- they are cheap and he has a ton of fun in the bath
serena22304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 10:49 AM   #14
Julesmom23girls
Banned

My Mood:

This was my favorite age to buy for my DD. I finally had some real options. It helps if you know the child well enough to know if they still put everything in their mouth or not. My DD didn't so it was much easier.

Here is a few things that she loved.

Magna Doodle, sidewalk chalk, play doh, finger paints, ABC refridgerator magnets, Aqua doodle, puzzles. Crayola has color wonder finger paints that are really fun to play w/ and no mess, only works on Color wonder paper.

I love the idea of a zoo pass or even a pass for a mommy and me class or something like Romp n stomp (like an excercise class for kids if you aren't familiar)
I like to get educational/ creative gifts vs no brains required toys. I think playing should be learning in disguise.
Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 02:05 PM   #15
mommy2zander
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For the child who has literally everything, I agree that a day out is a good gift! Gift Certificate for the Zoo, Children's Museum, etc. For older children or maybe some 2 year olds, actually taking them there with your kids might be fun too!
mommy2zander is offline   Reply With Quote