Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-14-2008, 10:42 AM   #21
topazdodge
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Corpus Christi & further south (Rio Grande Valley)

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelahk29f View Post
<h4> Are you from Fal? or just live there? You seem kinda nice to be from there. I'm in another small town and not from here, and everyone knows it! I'm such an outsider. I graduated high school in Kingsville. Now live in the next town over. I know some people from Fal.

<h3>Expecting our first and it's still a secret. so I've going to try to be incognito.
Ummm, yeah. You pretty much hit the nail on the head there. I am not from Fal, we have been here for 5 years and dh works here, so this is where we live. When we moved here we decided to live in Fal because of his job, but I sooooo wish we'd decided on Kingsville instead now! But this is where we bought our house, so we are stuck here now until we get a transfer up north where my family is. And I do have problems making/keeping friends here in town because I am just too different/radical for this town (and honest to boot), but am actually fairly conservative by DS standards!

So, you are having your first one, huh? When are you due? Pm me if you'd like to meet up, I have a ton of maternity clothes & girls clothes that I tend to kind of lend around. I can also kind of give you some good info on doulas, the Kingsville hospital (had both girls there and it was great), and I have a ton of books on pregnancy & labor. Dh jokes that we have a lending closet like they had on post in the military. Thank god it's usually not all here at one time or dd's closet overflows!

Advertisement

Free Crochet Longies Instructions Here
topazdodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 04:43 PM   #22
Allison7280
Registered Users

My Mood:

This is my first post but I live in CC!
Allison7280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 12:34 PM   #23
topazdodge
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi Allison7280! Hope to meet you soon! I'm just bumping this up to add a link to the other thread we have going to meet in Corpus. So here it is and I'm going to change the title to add this too.
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=394078

Old 07-11-2008, 11:20 AM   #24
eragsdale
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Corpus Christi & further south (Rio Grande Valley) Update: working on a meet-up!

is there any cd stores down around La Feria? we are going down there this weekend; and i am going to NEED a break.....hahaha .
eragsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:22 AM   #25
onemomto2
Banned

I am in Corpus Christi!
We just moved here last week. A meetup would be great!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTwoSunshines View Post
I haven't been online much lately, but I'm in Corpus. Any mamas near here wanna do a meet-up??
onemomto2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 07:19 PM   #26
buggylovemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Corpus Christi & further south (Rio Grande Valley) Update: working on a meet-up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by topazdodge View Post
OK, let's find out who is in Corpus Christi & further south (did I just repeat myself?). I am in Falfurrias (about 1 hr north of McAllen), and I am pretty sure that I hold the trophy for furthest south in TX on DS, but please someone prove me wrong. Anyone else? I know there are at least 2 other mamas in Corpus, where are you?
Hey! I am from Alice,centrally located between Fal and CC. I am really close to Kingsville too! Great to meet ya!! We go to the Valley and CC alot!! I started using cloth years ago with my first, and was sorta on the fringe here~lol!I am also on MDC~username is in my siggy!

Last edited by buggylovemama; 08-15-2008 at 07:29 PM.
buggylovemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 08:20 PM   #27
topazdodge
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggylovemama View Post
Hey! I am from Alice,centrally located between Fal and CC. I am really close to Kingsville too! Great to meet ya!! We go to the Valley and CC alot!! I started using cloth years ago with my first, and was sorta on the fringe here~lol!I am also on MDC~username is in my siggy!
Hi Sonia! I am in DC right now while dh is working up here temporarily, but I will actually be driving back on Tuesday with my girls to get our new car registered & titled in TX. I know there is another DS mama in Alice, I believe she is currently pg with her first and due in October, she is Angelak29f, and she posted above. I will only be home for the weekend and then will drive back up here so dd can start preschool in September. We are scheduled to stay here until at least mid-October, but possibly mid-December or later. Hopefully we can meet when I get home, or maybe we can finally do that CC meet-up!

Last edited by topazdodge; 08-15-2008 at 08:22 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:55 PM   #28
buggylovemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got to meet TopazDodge!! It was so cool!! It totally made my day!!
Old 09-24-2008, 06:32 AM   #29
TexasRachel
Registered Users
seller
seller

I just saw this thread so thought I would post. I live near Kingsville, in Bishop.

Carrie, I think your DH & mine have the same job. We were just in DC for vacation and I was telling DH, "You should really try to get a detail up here. I think I'd like it." But we're going to NM for two months right now. It's DH's 5th detail this year, although it'll be the longest. I'm kinda tired of going places this year.

Mom to DD(17), DS(8), DS(5), DS(3), and one waiting in heaven.
TexasRachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 07:19 PM   #30
surlysue
Registered Users

My Mood:

i live in corpus christi in the calallen area. i feel like i'm the only cd'er out here. i have an 11 month old ds and we just started cding 4 months ago, but we're hooked. i'm so glad to see others around me!
surlysue is offline   Reply With Quote