Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-15-2008, 12:36 PM   #11
julieberry
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Central Florida Roll Call

I'm in Winter Springs

Advertisement

Old 01-15-2008, 01:15 PM   #12
jenn79
Registered Users

wow, lots of us! i'm too lazy to look back at names...but let's see...lol, yeah, we're not in the "posh" section, but happen to be right next to the baldwin park 'community', so i can walk to blue jacket park pretty cool. & we moved here to attend RTS (reformed theological seminary) so we'll be commuting to oveido starting february (i'm only taking one class, on thursdays DH will be full-time).

yeah, i've been to chamberlin's a few times now, i think i like it better than whole foods, though of course the prices are the same. as it stands i'm having to do a lot of "regular" foods (like non-organic cheese/peanut butter) b/c we can't afford paying grocery store prices for organic stuff like that. we'll figure this thing out eventually. from a co-op in richmond i was getting grass-fed raw milk cheddar for $5.15/lb!! plain old "just" organic cheddar is nearly that for 8oz at publix. geez.

but like one smart momma said, this topic is best suited for the "healthy living" forum so i'll stop there.

anyhow, if any winterpark mommas would like to have their lo's play at teh library or park next to a little girl who's enormous cd-booty will surely be larger than your lo's, thus taking the attention from it away, or something feel free to pm!
jenn79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:07 PM   #13
CMitch
Registered Users

I'm in Casselberry.

I'm not terribly active on these boards, but when I saw there was a new "locals" forum, I had to check it out to see if anyone else around here cd's. Nice to know there are a few around!
CMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:31 PM   #14
angchick
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey yall! Iam in Brevard, Port Saint John/Cocoa to be exact. This is cool!
Old 01-17-2008, 01:16 PM   #15
Steffie
Registered Users
seller

I work in the Tampa Bay area (almost in Brandon), but I live in Lakeland.

Cattail Fluff HC store
Steffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 01:29 PM   #16
Mom2Taylor
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn79 View Post
anyhow, if any winterpark mommas would like to have their lo's play at teh library or park next to a little girl who's enormous cd-booty will surely be larger than your lo's, thus taking the attention from it away, or something feel free to pm!
We could all get together and take over Park Avenue. Watch all the BMWs (i'm not a hater---just jealous) drive by and see them stare at our kid's huge butts! LOL!!!

There's a farmers market in Lake Mary too...on Lake Mary Blvd. It's not nearly as big as the Winter Park Farmers Market, which I love, btw. But there are a few people there who sell produce there. The organic produce chick was ridiculously expensive ($5 for a head of cauliflower--expensive to me), but the other guy, who was not organic had amazing fruits and veggies....and a huge variety.

This is a bit off topic, but thought I'd ask since there are some moms here who know the area. Do any of you know of some shops around town that sell boutique type clothes? I'm thinking about taking my stuff around and seeing if I can't get my stuff in someone's store.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:30 PM   #17
Mom2Taylor
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffie View Post
I work in the Tampa Bay area (almost in Brandon), but I live in Lakeland.
Did you get caught up in that crazy accident on I-4----or more likely the case, were you affected by it at all?
Old 01-17-2008, 05:02 PM   #18
Steffie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Taylor View Post
Did you get caught up in that crazy accident on I-4----or more likely the case, were you affected by it at all?
No, thank goodness. It happened about 9 miles up the I-4 from where I get off in Lakeland, so I didn't have any issues with it. I didn't even know about it until I got a call from my mother that morning and she was so relieved I was alive! I was like, 'Why wouldn't I be?' and then she told me about the accident that was all over the news.

One of the other folks who works with me lives out that far, though, and he didn't even make it in to work that day because of the traffic.

Cattail Fluff HC store
Steffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:02 AM   #19
Wicious
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Right now I'm still living in Fort Myers, but I'm moving back to downtown Orlando in a few months. My hubby's already working in Altamonte Springs during the week, and I was just up there this past weekend and can't wait to live there again!

Also, I do remember when I lived there every Saturday morning starting at 8 a.m. downtown on the corner of Washington & Magnolia there was a "farmer's markter" where you could buy fresh fruits and veggies, and also other things. I don't know if they still do it but I think they do because they were doing it last year. That's a great place to buy if you don't like the grocery store!
Old 01-21-2008, 07:19 PM   #20
RemBran
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

HI Florida Moms!!

I am on the Treasure Coast in he Stuart/Palm City area.

My BIL and SIL live in Clermont.

RemBran is offline   Reply With Quote