Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-04-2008, 09:34 PM   #11
mrssme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone in Northern Nevada?

So now that I know there are locals here I've got a question for you. Are there any parks around here that you prefer to take the little ones to? Any to avoid? I know she's still real little yet, but I'd like to get out more and go somewhere kid friendly.

Advertisement

Old 06-23-2008, 09:38 AM   #12
dublinup
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

A lot of moms go to Wild Waters, I guess there is a little guy pool and season passes are about $90 for moms (Free under 3 yrs). I'm meeting some friends at Lazy 5 up by Spanish Springs, which is a really nice park. I go walking with him at Virginia Lake sometimes. He likes seeing the ducks and geese.

I'm starting a cloth diapering club here. The Northern Nevada Cloth Club. July 19th will be the first meeting, and it will be downtown. If I had known about how great cloth is and how many options there were, I would have used cloth from the start. If it goes well, I might sponsor a meeting once a month in Carson City for the Carson/Minden mommies. I am so excited, and would love to have other moms in the area join in. How cool would it be to trade, swap, and buy local? I want be able to have tons of samples to show at meetups so moms who are interested in cloth can see what amazing options are out there. I have had so much fun with cloth, and I can't wait to introduce it to other moms.
dublinup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:31 AM   #13
firemommaof1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dublinup View Post
A lot of moms go to Wild Waters, I guess there is a little guy pool and season passes are about $90 for moms (Free under 3 yrs). I'm meeting some friends at Lazy 5 up by Spanish Springs, which is a really nice park. I go walking with him at Virginia Lake sometimes. He likes seeing the ducks and geese.

I'm starting a cloth diapering club here. The Northern Nevada Cloth Club. July 19th will be the first meeting, and it will be downtown. If I had known about how great cloth is and how many options there were, I would have used cloth from the start. If it goes well, I might sponsor a meeting once a month in Carson City for the Carson/Minden mommies. I am so excited, and would love to have other moms in the area join in. How cool would it be to trade, swap, and buy local? I want be able to have tons of samples to show at meetups so moms who are interested in cloth can see what amazing options are out there. I have had so much fun with cloth, and I can't wait to introduce it to other moms.
We would be in the carson/minden section I'll be watching for news!
Kai Grayson Arrived June 3 2014
firemommaof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:34 AM   #14
dublinup
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ok northern Nevada mommies! Our chapter of Real Diaper Association is under construction, and I hope to have our first meeting within 30 days. Please visit RDA, and JOIN JOIN JOIN! Let's blow em out of the water and show how dedicated NV moms are to cloth! I hope to see you all soon.
You can find our info on RDA under local resources/Carson City
Old 07-15-2008, 01:54 PM   #15
luckiebetty
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am in SE Carson City!
Old 07-16-2008, 06:02 PM   #16
McMommy
Registered Users

Hi I am in Fernley!! I am new to DS and this is actually my first post but I am so excited that there are other mama's on here from NV!!

As for the park question, I was a nanny in Reno for 4 years... I LOVE the playground at Rancho San Rafel park in Reno. It is maintained really well and has lots of age-appropriate toys to play on for kids! When your baby gets bigger, there is also a fun park, discovery-type museum, and a ton of gardens to walk through. They also do organized "walks with a ranger" each week so you can walk along and all the kids learn about turtles, ducks, etc..

I am sad to say it, but avoid Virginia Lake Park. It is just gross now. Go there to feed the ducks if you will, but don't use the dog park and be aware on the playground. They haven't changed most of it since I was a kid playing there, and the dog park reeks of urine- it's really not good juju. It's not necessarily a "bad" park, I just personally don't think it is safe anymore and they really need to improve it, it's LONG overdue.

Depending on where you are in Reno, there are also a few awesome parks I know of in South Reno, let me know if you want that info! Have fun!
McMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 12:30 AM   #17
Sh@nn@
Where is the packing fairy?
seller

My Mood:

Moving to Sparks in a couple weeks!!!!!!
Old 09-03-2008, 06:02 PM   #18
Momdeprovence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been on DS for months and never knew there were other Northern Nevada mamas on here! Hello from Minden. I met a DS mama at my MOPS group this morning and was so excited I was going to cry! lol
Old 09-15-2008, 05:17 PM   #19
shetibo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

HEY! im glad to see there are this many of you guys in N.NV that is where i am from... i graduated from CHS in 2005 i wonder if i know any of you??? we dont live there at the moment (military) but what to get back when we are all done! we miss tahoe so much!
pm me!

shetibo: she (as in girl) tea (like the drink) bow (tie a bow)
shetibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:33 PM   #20
dublinup
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Shetibo.....I'm CHS class of 96...so we may know each other. PM me and I'll give you my oh so classified maiden name! HEE HEE

Also want the northern NV mommies to know that in addition to starting up a chapter of the RDA here, I've also started a coop to order supplies for diaper making. I'm in Reno, but go to Carson weekly, and Gardnerville bi-weekly (ok....more like johnson lane-ish) bi-weekly. If anyone wants to join the coop to order diaper supplies, I'm happy to drop stuff off, or you can pick it up from me. I'm ordering Minkee pretty soon and sending it to be laminated.....yum yum yummy!

I've working hard to get the cloth word out in our area. There is a baby store in Gardnerville that will soon carry cloth (they actually carry PFs and covers already) and AIOs are coming soon, and a Reno store will have cloth diapers in a few weeks too! Yay!
All of the sudden I just got that song from the show "The Jeffersons" in my head....."movin' on up, to the top, we finally got a piece of the pie"! LOL

Last edited by dublinup; 09-25-2008 at 12:34 PM. Reason: My grammar was a little off....my parents would be mortified