Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-17-2006, 06:37 PM   #41
love2bmom2chris
Registered Users
seller

Re: HELP! My newborn has me stressed and stumped!

I didn't read the 1000 previous posts but my baby had this same exact problem and it was reflux. She was put on meds for it and did improve.

Advertisement

love2bmom2chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 06:38 PM   #42
Tootsiemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I didn't read all the responses so I dont know if this has been mentioned before. Try using a wrap?? That way you are holding the baby but hands free and it's really easy on the back? Sorry not much help here but I've never had this problem
Tootsiemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 07:25 AM   #43
HeidiMarie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ear infection??
Old 08-18-2006, 07:46 AM   #44
sheri_b
Registered Users

My Mood:

I second the ear infection idea, even if she doesn't have a fever. My ds only ran a fever with 1 infection out of many. DD has tubes and she only ran a fever with maybe half of them.

Good luck. I've btdt with 2 kiddos, and it will get better.
sheri_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 09:24 AM   #45
Zan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We're going through VERY similar problems. Our DD is 14 weeks and she was diagnosis w/reflux (silent) at 8 weeks.

She's switched formulas-didn't work
tried Zantac- helped for a while-
Increase Zantac dose (weight sensitive) didn't work
Now on Previcid (sp?) and I'm still not conveinced it's working

Swaddling does help settle them down even if they scream bloody murder at first. Slings are helpful...my DD also screams bloody murder when I put her in it but then settles down later. She doesn't like the confinement, but it somehow helps because she feels more secure. It's like when you were a teenager and you couldn't stop crying because something was really bothering you. Eventually you'd stop crying because your mom or sis or someone would hold you in a hug.

I know it's BEYOND EXHAUSTING....nothing is reliable. Sometimes something works, other times it doesn't. Suggestions help but really since it's not reliable sometimes you feel like your doing something wrong, failing, etc but YOU'RE NOT. If your baby is in pain or uncomfortable it's really hard to know what will make them feel better. Just think when you're sick or not feeling well...sometimes you want to drink 7up other times you want to take a bath...etc. It's JUST PLAIN HARD - I know but it's important to know that you are doing the BEST you can and you LOVE your baby. I do want to be encouraging and loving and positive too, so don't get me wrong. But sometimes we need to grieve, cry and get a grip that it's hard but you WILL GET THROUGH IT. WHEN? No one can tell you, but you will get through it. It's always hardest when your in the middle of the storm.

Get some breaks- have a friend or family member come over for an hour or two regularly.

Please PM if you'd like.

Zan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 02:41 PM   #46
raceNzanesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Others have given good advice. However, I wanted to give a caution to you and everyone. An infant should NEVER be left alone to sleep in a car seat, swing, bouncer, etc. The child can slip down causing their airway to become closed and die. I don't mean to sound scary, but this is a real danger. Positional asphyxiation kills children every year. Children should always be properly harnessed into their various seats and never allowed to be alone. I know peds have recommended sleeping in car seats and swings, but it is not safe. Please do serious research and prayer before leaving your child alone to sleep in anything but a safe flat position.

My first thoughts were ear infection or reflux. I, too, recommend a good baby carrier, sling, pouch, MT, whatever, even to those with happy babies. Praying baby is feeling better very soon!!

CPS Tech to all- Need car seat/booster help? EMAIL me.
raceNzanesmom is offline   Reply With Quote