Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-03-2006, 02:50 PM   #11
MamaLove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: eczema... pleaase tell me all!

Here's a safe and natural homeopathic cream for eczema that is made from an ancient Indian plant: http://www.bytheplanet.com/MoreInfo/...pPass=Boericke
You can get it at the health food store. HTH.

Advertisement

Last edited by MamaLove; 05-03-2006 at 02:52 PM.
MamaLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 03:14 PM   #12
vick
You know me; not much with the damseling.
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimee
I am glad I am reading this, my poor ds who is 2 months old has broken out in the SO bad in the last couple of days. Could it be the detergent? His whole back is covered, his arms and some of his forehead. What is the BEST solution to it?
The BEST solution is gonna be a subjective answer based on what worked for each of us

I know I have become pretty sensitive to scented lotions, soaps, shaving cream and detergents over time. So I applied that logic (synthetic scents, perfumes, etc cause me to get an itchy rash) to Isabel's care, and multiplied my caution level by, like, a thousand. With her stuff, I only want to see a couple ingredients, and it better be stuff I can pronounce and that I know what it is. And *always* unscented. If it has an eesentail oil (not a fragrance oil) she's usually okay, but I try to avoid those, too. It costs me a bit more to go this route with her, but it's totally worth it to me.

Whatever route you go, I hope you can find a solution quickly and that your little one is all better very soon!!
Old 05-03-2006, 07:23 PM   #13
4boys4me
Registered Users

Thanks! I have been using All free and clear on his clothes.. and no softneer.. I need to get different shampoo/soap for him now..
Old 05-04-2006, 06:43 AM   #14
vick
You know me; not much with the damseling.
seller

I know there's some concern about All F&C causing build-up on dipes ... I wonder if you're having some build-up on his clothes? What do you use to wash dipes? Could you use that for his clothes?
Old 05-04-2006, 10:07 AM   #15
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ds1 has it bad and we had a prescription hydrocortisone cream (doc said it needed more than the 1% you buy OTC) and Eucerin lotion....I hate the eucerin lotion (really greasy & thick), but doc said that was the best for him. Also said to bath as infrequently as you can and to use plain Dove soap..no fragrances. We dealt with this (at it's worst) before I was familiar with cd'ing and all the natural options...so I'd probably go with the pp's suggestions of natural things found in wahm's stores...
Old 05-04-2006, 04:55 PM   #16
Sassy Turtle
Registered Users

I have suffered from eczema for most of my life. I have been prescribed every steriod known to man and while they did clear it up, my skin is so thin and scarred now. I have been told that it is an allergy - to what, I don't know. I've tried everything. It does clear up when I'm pregnant though, go figure. I use Cetaphil cream - the thick stuff, right out of the shower/bath. It works well. I am also using a body cream from Alba that's hypo-allergenic. This stuff works great but is scented.
Sassy Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 06:53 PM   #17
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

i broke out with eczema myself a couple years ago pretty bad and then i discovered and started selling arbonne, my eczema was gone within the day! it's the best stuff ever. aveeno is okay and probably the best thing you can get at like walmart. if you're just wanting to buy something at the store and not wait for the mail then i would suggest burts bees maybe. but definately check out arbonne...... www.arbonne.com let me know what you think!
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 07:28 PM   #18
4boys4me
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vick
I know there's some concern about All F&C causing build-up on dipes ... I wonder if you're having some build-up on his clothes? What do you use to wash dipes? Could you use that for his clothes?

Well, haha, this is what I use for our diapers,lol.. his bum is fine though.. it is on his legs and knees and his elbows and down his arms.. not his back or tummy.. he seems to be doing ok for the past coupld days. I just bought some dye/fragrance free baby bath so we will see if that helps.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:29 PM   #19
jessica36
Registered Users

One more thing if allergies run in the family avoid anything with nut oils and that includes Shea butter. We learned the hard way with Zach.
Old 05-06-2006, 01:43 PM   #20
Raquelita
Registered Users
seller

I'd avoid the hydrocortisone unless absolutely necessary. Drop the # of baths if at all possible. Switch to Cetaphil bath wash since it's designed for sensitive skin and is fragrance- and soap-free. Put the lotion (aquaphor and SBR-Lipocream are both good--eucerin isn't strong enough for me) on when his skin is still damp from the shower. If you are interested, buying Theraplex Emollient from the pharmacy (you don't need a prescription for it) and putting that on affected areas *before* bathing will also protect his skin from the dryng effects of water and create a barrier.

I've dealt with eczema my whole life and the above is what i do to manage it.
Raquelita is offline   Reply With Quote