Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-16-2006, 10:03 AM   #1
jkelstaten
Registered Users

Homeschooling Ideas

We are are planning to homeschool starting next year, but I'm trying to gather as much info as I can this year so I can make good choices on curriculum. So what curriculum do you use? Why do you like it? Are there some that you really don't like? We will be starting when DD#1 is 4 years old so of course I'm interested in preschool and kindergarten level curr. Any input would be great!

Advertisement

jkelstaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 10:25 AM   #2
annes_cottage
Accomplice to the Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers

My Mood:
Re: Homeschooling Ideas

For preschool I use Mother Goose Time. www.mothergoosetime.com . I love the arts & crafts, the sign language and the spanish. Everything about it really. I also order my workbooks from Rod & Staff. Their workbooks have sweet little pictures in them and lots of learning. They are great. For Kindergarten I use Christian Liberty Press. I have used this curriculum for all of my children and really like it. Not alot of planning on my part and It is easy to follow. Also I am used to it and do not want to change...lol.

Congrats on your decision to homeschool and prayers!! Picking curiculum is not always easy! lol There is a lot out there to choose from!

Avi pic: Leland 1 yr
annes_cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 10:52 AM   #3
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am doing my own version of http://www.letteroftheweek.com/ for my DD's preschool.

I really like printing from Preschool Printables and another site I can use since my MIL is a teacher and has a membership

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 03:14 PM   #4
hollyhobby30
Registered Users
seller

We've really enjoyed Christian Light Education.... http://clp.org/Preschool.shtml

We are using CLE and ACE this year..... http://www.schooloftomorrow.com/curriculum/preschool.asp EVERYTHING is laid out for you step by step. I love to know what I'm supposed to do each day. I'm not really a "winger"

Landmark Freedom Baptist Curriculum is also a great program if you want to go the program route that lays out what to do day by day..... http://www.landmarkbaptistchurch.org/modules/lfbc/htmls/lfbc_subjects.htm

Letteroftheweek was great last year for my 4 yo dd. Easy to do. Takes a little time to put together. If you do a search on here you'll find a ton of websites with free printables and ideas for youngsters.

Last edited by hollyhobby30; 08-20-2006 at 03:15 PM.
hollyhobby30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 12:37 AM   #5
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

Not sure if you all are Christians or not, but I've used several different curriculums and have gone back to A Beka as being my favorite for the younger grades (with the exception of Science and History). They have great books for teaching writing, health/safety/manners, cursive, spelling and language. The website is abekabook.com
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote