Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-16-2006, 03:28 PM   #1
MommyMommyMommy
Registered Users
seller

What is your secret for those days.......

......that you know you are out of patience at about 10AM and you are just DONE!!! How do you handle it. What are some of your secrets for a quick recharge? I have a 5 year old, a 3 year old, an 11 month old, and a 1 year old that I babysit so I can't do a lot of 'let them entertain themselves or each otehr' type things.

UG, the past couple of days I just want to run away. And the kids aren't even being rotten, I just need some time alone.

Anyone else?

Advertisement

MommyMommyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 03:31 PM   #2
skayers01
Registered Users

Re: What is your secret for those days.......

Coffee... DS.... and God bless naptime!

If it's a cazy day, I'll put in Baby E or something else they can watch that's not too energetic. When my dh gets home, I go buy myself a coffee and when they nap, I take a shower.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:02 PM   #3
mama23boys
Banned
seller

it wasnt so bad when my sister and 2 brothers were here for a month and half but now that they are gone the 3 older ones are driving me insane and i still have 2.5wks till school!

you would think an 11yo, 9yo and 7yo could entertain themselves for awhile BUT im ALWAYS breaking up squabbles, fights and trying to get them outside!!
mama23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 05:10 PM   #4
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:

Honestly... TV I've got a 6yo, 4yo, 15 mo old. And yes, I make them keep each other company.

And since my computer is a laptop with wireless... I curl up in the recliner with my Mt. Dew (or three) chugalug while cruising through DS and my email... and hope for the best till naptime.

many for you though!
Old 08-17-2006, 02:55 AM   #5
jillkuster
Registered Users
seller

Here's what I do....
I yell at my kids and then feel super depressed and then cry because I'm such a rotten person.
Does that help?
Old 08-17-2006, 07:48 AM   #6
driftymaer
Registered Users
seller

Ugh-I think I can relate to the running away. When it's that bad that I know I'm at the end if Deme is napping then I go into the bathroom with a cup of coffee and a book and I don't get off until I read one whole page. If she's not napping then she goes into the playpen with einstein and then I go into the bathroom. However, since ds is almost 5 and I don't lock the bathroom door the most I get is 1 sip of coffee and hopefully one page before he comes in to get me or decides that's the moment he needs to pee too. Usually ds knows that when I get really quiet and don't speak for a while that it's time for a little smoochin up to mama. Hope you feel better.
driftymaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 07:59 AM   #7
titania
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i take a walk, or at least get outside. or pour cheerios on the carpet and call my girlfriend.
titania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:17 AM   #8
Julesmom23girls
Banned

My Mood:

Get those kids outside. I think sometimes my bad days are when we have been looking at the same 4 wall for too long. So put the babies in a stroller and go for a walk to the park, or get the playpen out and sit out in the yard while the big kids run around.
Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:56 AM   #9
SusyQ
Registered Users
seller

I go outside in the yard and let them run around or play on the swingset...or I tell them "Mommy needs a roadtrip" which is code for driving 20 minutes to the nearest Tim Hortons and grabbin me a big ole coffee and a couple oatmeal raisin cookies.....the kiddos get a few timbits to share and hopefully byt he time we get home I have mellowed out and DS is asleep for his nap...when that happens it is all good,ha!

Seriously though, when I feel that way chaging the enviroment works wonders...if it yucky weather we will go to the indoor mall and wander a bit, have a friend over...anything, just something to change the atmosphere.

Don't beat yourself up, it is hard when you cannot just walk away from them and bedtime seems forever away...EVERYBODY has those days...more often then you might think!
SusyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:09 AM   #10
Dorky_Mom
Registered Users

I have the 4 year old DD from hell... seriously, she may be cute but boy oh boy does she have an attitude!!! we do a lot of drawing how we feel which turns into her breaking crayons, timeout. i hide in the bathroom, we watch movies while i whack my head into the walls LMAO... anything to keep me from going postal LOL

i tend to raise my voice too much!

breast feeding baby wearing cloth diapering attached momma
Dorky_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote