Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-23-2006, 09:26 AM   #1
Julesmom23girls
Banned

My Mood:
Breast creams, ointments, whatever

I have always used 100% pure lanolin when nursing, and always thought that was the best thing to use to w/ BF. I just got a pack of coupons from Gerber and they have a Breast Therapy Balm so I got on there site to see what it is. They say it is Lanolin Free, but I don't know what is in it, guess I need to find it at the store and see. Anyone have any ideas on what is best to use. I am sure there are some WAHM products out there as well, what is typically in those. I am not necessarily looking to buy but just confused now. Thought I would see what you ladies had to say.

Advertisement

Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 11:53 AM   #2
rpg_mommy
Registered Users

Re: Breast creams, ointments, whatever

Lansinoh brand lanolin is probably the best there is for lanolins. It's the only nipple ointment that is endorsed by La Leche League. When you are looking for a nipple ointment, make sure you read the package and see if it says you need to wipe the product off/clean your nipple before you nurse. If the product isn't safe enough for your baby to get it in his mouth, don't use it. Lansinoh is safe to leave on your nipple and won't affect baby at all, but there are a LOT of nipple balms that say you need to wipe them off so baby doesn't get it in their mouth - just make sure you check on that first!
rpg_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 12:16 PM   #3
Julesmom23girls
Banned

My Mood:

Lansinoh or Medela brand lanolin is all I have ever used. This gerber Breast Balm says you don't have to wipe it off, I just don't know what else you would use if it isn't lanolin and it says lanolin free. Like I said I am not in the market to buy, just wondering if anyone has heard of this. Maybe knows more about it.
Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 12:23 PM   #4
rpg_mommy
Registered Users

Gonna do some research on it. You've piqued my curiosity too!
rpg_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote