Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-30-2006, 10:53 AM   #11
3girlymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Playing devil's advocate here... vax and fish

We rarely eat fish...and when we do we are very picky about where it comes from. We search for very pure sources. Occassionally we'll bend, but since we don't eat it that much I'm not that phobic on the issue.

We opt for use of Fish Oil and Cod Liver Oil instead, to get loads of benefits that way.

Advertisement

3girlymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:40 AM   #12
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well ds doesn't eat anything thanks to his vaxes. dh and I do eat fish, but only fish considered safe (no tuna, shark, tilefish, swordfish, mackeral, ect) and no more than once a week, usually less. We take flax oil, and also Carlson's kids DHA which is tested safe. I love fish and would eat it every day given the option. But I am very careful about it. I also believe there are many things in vaxes just as scary if not more so than mercury. Mercury is just an easy target. And if they take all of the mercury out of vaxes they can look like they are doing something. Then when Autism doesn't go away ectirely they can say "see it wasn't the vaxes." Very underhanded if you ask me. I wouldn't go injecting formaldhyde into my child just because "the mercury is gone".

Last edited by iris0110; 08-30-2006 at 11:45 AM.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 12:31 PM   #13
bobandjess99
Registered Users
seller

Well...for us, the mercury issue is just one TINY, TINY reason why we don't vax.....there are so many other poisons and toxins in vaccines, not to mention the fetal tissue, money tissue, animal viruses, and the fact that it completely disrupts/subverts our natural immune/neurological system that GOD, who knows infinitely more that ANY HUMAN DOCTOR EVER WILL, gave us...........

So all in all, mercury is actually not a huge concern.....
but no, we do not eat much fish. We eat fish on Fridays during Lent, because my husband and his children with his ex-wife are Catholic.
We also can get special organically raised fish from the health food store, if we desire some fish, guaranteed free of mercury. DD has had fish maybe thrice in her life? *IF* for some reason we were going to start eating fish regularly, we would make it special organic fish.....right now, we feel that eating fish a few Fridays a year is not a huge health risk....
I do take fish oil capsules, Carlsons's guaranteed from of mercury, for the omega 3/DHA.
bobandjess99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 12:46 PM   #14
Severine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

THANK YOU for informing me!!!! I'll be honest that when we decided to stop vaxxing DD, I didn't do a ton of research. There were just things about it that bothered me (basically, the subverting of our own natural functionings based on what's essentially a government mandate).

I really appreciate you all sharing your thoughts with me!
Severine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 02:55 PM   #15
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Considering miranda won't go anywhere near fish, i don't think i have to worry about it too much. lol but I don't Vax for ALOT of reasons.. The mercury is just one of them, and nowhere near the main one.
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 03:27 PM   #16
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iris0110
But I am very careful about it. I also believe there are many things in vaxes just as scary if not more so than mercury. Mercury is just an easy target. And if they take all of the mercury out of vaxes they can look like they are doing something. Then when Autism doesn't go away ectirely they can say "see it wasn't the vaxes." Very underhanded if you ask me. I wouldn't go injecting formaldhyde into my child just because "the mercury is gone".
Ya that! The FDA is on my black list these days and it makes me sick to know they are their own "watch dog", meaning that they don't have standards that somebody else puts on them and checks up on but their own. Go figure. Then everybody is pushed and scared into injecting their children with these poisons.

I was one of them for years and I regret every single needle prick my children' got!
Old 08-30-2006, 04:27 PM   #17
Drummer's Wife
Registered Users

Just agreeing with all the other ladies. Mercury is just one concern of vaccinating. Even if there was none, including trace amounts... there's still no way in heck I'd vaccinate.

Glad you are researching all of this. I have been as well for a year and a half now and I still have a lot to learn and continue to learn something new each day. Just glad I finally decided to question this!
Old 09-03-2006, 12:40 AM   #18
Gaiaschild
Registered Users
seller

While I do limit the types and amounts of fish we eat, like other's have said, that's not my only reason for non-vaxxing.

I'm against the idea that you cultivate vaxes in what could have been a living, breathing baby. (Yes, some vaxes are cultivated in aborted fetal tissue. )

I'm against additives like formaldehyve, aluminimum, mercury,etc. in my children's bodies. There's enough smog in my area, they don't need more additives.

I'm against the fact that even if they have these supposed "studies" to prove that vaxes are the best, they don't have studies to show that not vaxing is bad. That there's no real answer to the decline of some diseases after the introduction of a vaccine in the area. While the idea of herd immunity seem rampant, what about just simple, clean living in any society, despite socio-economice level?

I'm also against the idea that a supposed "simple shot" is the end all be all after I've witnessed someone with a vax reaction -- although the doctor's explanation would have been that it was a typical side effect that a dose of Tylenol would have prevented.
Gaiaschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 10:48 PM   #19
i0lanthe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchy-mama
wanted to add in an article that is about the dangers of mercury in tuna:
http://www.chelationtherapyonline.co...nical/p112.htm
seriously... anyone of childbearing age who eats tuna at all should go read something like this. Official-type folks were happily recommending that pregnant women eat tuna as part of a healthy diet when, it turns out, the gov't knew that it contained significant amounts of mercury (yay, lobbying by the fishing industry. ) and in fact the first place I heard about tuna back then was from our excellent *vet* who was recommending that our cat not be fed significant amounts as treats. our vet!! sorry, years later I'm still steamed about this.

Note that the kinds of mercury found in fish and in thimerosal are different and affect the body differently and AFAIK people are still working out just what the differences are and which one is "worse" or whatever. If you go just by the elemental amount and ignore everything else though, tuna looked scarier than (say) a flu shot last time I (similarly playing devil's advocate) looked at the numbers. But *whichever* one you fear more, yeah, the FDA is letting us down.

(as for autism... high-functioning basically runs in our family so I cannot comment on environmental basis of other folks'.)