Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-29-2006, 10:39 PM   #11
janendragon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Teething...when is the EARLIEST it starts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennesseemom

When did your children start teething? Does anyone know if it is possible for a babe this age to be teething?

Thanks mamas!
Ds had 3 teeth by 2 1/2mths, he must have started the process around the same time as yours seems to be, but we thought it was colic or just the 6 week growth spurt fussyness until we saw the white nub poking through the skin. The hylands teething tablets have worked great on him.

on a side note, at 10 1/2mths, hes cutting his bottom 2 molars

Advertisement

janendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 07:54 AM   #12
Julesmom23girls
Banned

My Mood:

I have a friend whose little boy teethed really early, but I can't remember exactly how old. I just remember we were trying to think of what else could cause his teeth to look like they were coming, and sure enough they popped through about a week later, I want to say he was about 2-3 mo. And yes some babies are born w/ teeth so it is very possible. You should be able to give tylenol, but you will probably find it isn't very helpful, call your ped for dosing amounts based on babies weight. Hylands teething med was what helped us with teething. And my dd love ice rings early, I would just hold her and hold it and she would suck away on it.
Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:04 AM   #13
sharebear2u
Registered Users
seller

Another option for soothing pain without med is a VERY clean washcloth with water that is kept in the fridge. We would have a couple in ziplock bags ready is the baby needed it. This is with parental help, of course. Our youngest popped 4 teeth at 5 months, BUT she was 9 weeks premature, so the DR figured her getting them at 3 months. They adjust the age for the first 2 years developmentally.

Good luck.
sharebear2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 03:04 PM   #14
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

miranda got 2 teeth by 5 months. my friends daughter had 2 teeth by 3 months old. my nephew had 2 teeth when he was born~

there's no Early time in teething. it can happen the day they are born. lol

Also, Exsessive Drooling also starts around 6 weeks of age, so it could be that, not to mention the whole "Witching Hour" Thing. when they cry for no reason that you can tell.

so it could be teething, or it could be a number of things.
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 03:16 PM   #15
rebeccah5
Behold: The Official Thread-Killer
seller

My Mood:

If you're hesitant to start DD on a Tylenol regimen for teething, you can also take a very small amount and rub it on her gums where her teeth are coming in. My aunt who is a ped. nurse suggested that to me, and it seemed to work pretty well. That way DC's is not ingesting a full dose of Tylenol, but they are getting some relief.

As for teething tablets, just make sure you know what you're buying. I read once that certain kinds contain alcohol, basically to make your child "drunk" enough not to care about the pain.
Check out my knitting projects here and my stash here
rebeccah5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 03:30 PM   #16
Twnmom1203
Registered Users

The twins started teething at 3 months (being 5 weeks premature, that's 2 months for their adjusted age) and popped their first two teeth at 5 months (4 months adjusted). At 9 months now, they have 5 teeth each. My dh's kid had ALL her teeth by 5 months!! It's amazing how every child is different!