Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-30-2006, 11:38 AM   #1
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

Unhappy BAD Diaper rash

DD has a horrible diaper rash! I have been washing her diapers just as suggested and every couple of days I wash them in a "Super cycle" (rinse them 5 times after washing in HOT water) I cannot get this rash to go away! It just keeps getting worse. She goes through 8-9 diapers a day so I know she's getting changed plenty. Anyone has advice let me know! This is her first diaper rash ever.

Advertisement

EmnJJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:41 PM   #2
Julesmom23girls
Banned

My Mood:
Re: BAD Diaper rash

What does the rash look like, how long has she had it. More details please
Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:57 PM   #3
sunshinebabies3
Registered Users
seller

we use something called triple paste if it is a 'burn type' rash. if it is a wet rash, it may be yeast and you need a script for nystatin. if it is heat rashy, we use baby gold bond powder. g/l
Old 08-30-2006, 02:35 PM   #4
kezoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Also, it could be diet related - how old is your dd? I've heard moms swear diaper rash came & went w/ teeth also (not in my experience). As for diet, I have a friend who struggled w/ HORRIBLE diaper rash w/ her son, and then on the advice of her ped, cut dairy out of her diet and all his rash & other digestive complaints went away. Dairy is the most common food allergen there is. Aside from the cause, I've found the best solution is to get some raw silk (silk noil) liners - they are simply amazing w/ their rash curing properties!! www.betterforbabies.com sells them, plus some mamas have said they bought the silk noil online and cut into rectangles themselves. HTH!
kezoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 02:44 PM   #5
shell015
Banned
seller

Aveeno diaper rash ointment is a life saver in our house. Clears up the worst rash in less than 24 hours. HTH
shell015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 04:01 PM   #6
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

She has had a light rash (burn type looking) for about 2 weeks now and the last few days it got worse and today she has lesions. It's not yeasty, I know what those look like DD#1 had chronic YI's. I have tried aveeno and a&d because that is what I had in my house. Just a little bit ago I made a paste of petrolium jelly, lanolin, and cornstartch because that is basically what triple paste is. She went down for a nap so I'll see how it is when she wakes up. She is teething right now but 2 weeks of diaper rash is too long to simply blame teething. She is breastfed and has had cereal and a couple fruits and veggies, nothing new though, the last week she's only had a bit of cereal with green beans for suppers, and a bit of cereal with bananas for breakfast. She's never had a reaction to any of that in the past.
Old 08-30-2006, 04:12 PM   #7
Julesmom23girls
Banned

My Mood:

ARe you letting her air out any during the day. That often helps my DD, we get burn type rashes very often that either peel or blister. I usually have to resort to A&D ointment w/ a sposie or liner to get a good barrier between her bum and urine, A&D isn't good for CD so be careful w/ cloth. Try getting some air on her bum, just let her move around w/ a diaper or if you don't want to let her be free use a blow dryer set on low and use the cool button. Good luck
Old 08-30-2006, 09:14 PM   #8
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

Yeah, I have been letting her air dry a lot since this rash started. She has to have a&d ointment on her 24/7 because of her labial adhesion, I tried vaseline but that caused it to start re-sealing. That is just a tiny tiny amount though. I made my own paste (lanolin, white petrolium, and corn startch) tonight and it cleared up some of the redness. I am going to get some raw silk liners though because after researching them I decided they were a total go! I'm hoping they work out well for her. I'd still like to find the cause of the rash, I don't believe kids break out in random rashes for no reason.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:23 PM   #9
Julesmom23girls
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmnJJsMom
I'd still like to find the cause of the rash, I don't believe kids break out in random rashes for no reason.
I agree. I know after my Dd gets over this cough/fever thing she has I am starting a food journal. After 8 mo of fighting rashes someone told me I should keep track of what she eats and when she gets rashes to see if I can put the puzzle together. I hope we find a reason, and I hope you do too.

I just noticed you are from Wisconsin, My SIL lives there, in a tiny town called Avalon in SW Wisconsin.

Last edited by Julesmom23girls; 08-30-2006 at 09:24 PM.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:31 PM   #10
sunshinebabies3
Registered Users
seller

you might also add a little baking soda to the bath. this also helps mine.