Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-31-2006, 08:54 AM   #11
angel0123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: When to worry about a fever?

I have dealt with my share of fevers with ds. They are usually really really high. (105 +) The childrens hospital doesn't consider it a fevr under 102 and you shouldn't give meds for that b/c its natures way of fighting infection. When you should worry is at any temp the child becomes dehydrated, lythargic has trouble breathing, siezures or unconcious. I know how sacry 104 is ... I still treat that at home. I am allowed to alternate between ibu and acetaminaphin although the packages tell you not to. This is the only way I can get the fever down. It is not reccommends to give tempid baths b/c if the water is the perfect temp it spikes the fever.
I feel your pain last time I was at the ER his fever was 105.6 and I was told not to worry about it only at 106... they can kiss my a$$ b/c I will never wait until it is that high esp b/c he is at risk for siezures (b/c I have had them).
Hope you child feels better.

Advertisement

Old 08-31-2006, 11:09 AM   #12
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

I feel bad now - they looked in his ears & said he has a double ear infection & by the looks of it it's been going on a while - a week or more b/c it's so bad. They gave me tons of meds for him.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:18 AM   #13
laneylue+2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: When to worry about a fever? BACK FROM THE DOC

I just saw this thread and I was going to say it might be an ear infection - and then I read that it is.

I was just researching fevers last night online because DD's fever got up to 103.5 yesterday and I also wasn't sure when it becomes panic time.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear they know what's causing the fever. I hope the infections get cleared up soon.
laneylue+2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 11:30 AM   #14
halyled
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CottonMamma
I feel bad now - they looked in his ears & said he has a double ear infection & by the looks of it it's been going on a while - a week or more b/c it's so bad. They gave me tons of meds for him.
Don't feel bad. It's hard to know if it's an ear infection unless your child can tell you that's what it is. My son has had a couple where he never even complained of any pain. We were at dr. for some other reason (cold, probably) and they said he had one when they checked. I didn't even think of it before, but now that you've mentioned it, yeah, on several occasions when my son has suddenly spiked a fever, an ear infection has been the culprit.

to you and your little one. Hope he feels better soon.

halyled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 04:14 PM   #15
trishmom2five
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: When to worry about a fever? BACK FROM THE DOC

Don't feel bad. When he ran fever you called, and you took him in, even though the Dr didn't want to see him. I say Good Job Mom!