Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-30-2006, 05:16 PM   #1
Registered Users
Help, Help, Help!!!

My dd has gotten two teeth, one upper and one lower and it seems that she has worn some little sores beneath my nipples. I don't notice her biting, but oh, the pain. What can I do for these sores and how do I keep this from happening? Someone help me please I'm in terrible pain.

Irishmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 06:43 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Help, Help, Help!!!

Please read this whole thing before flaming me...

I had the same thing happen, but DS was nursing so voraciously that it wasn't just the sores on the edges, but also cracks that were bleeding through my whole nipples. You can put neosporin on them. This is what a LC told me when I called to ask what to do. She said to put it on just after DS nursed, and there was no need to wash it off if 2 hours passed before nursing again. I had been using Lansinoh, and that wasn't helping. She said it only protects, but does not heal. In this case you need the neosporin to heal. (I wouldn't use the stuff with pain killer just in case!! LOL)

As far as keeping it from happening, it just stopped after a while. It took a couple weeks, but DS adjusted to having his teeth and learned to nurse differently, I guess. It does get better!!

HTH!! I hope you feel better soon!
Laura, Wife to my best friend, Mommy to Alex , 9-14-04, and Lucas , 8-20-07
1 in 110 children in the US have an Autism Spectrum Disorder and I'm proud that two of them are mine.
AngelMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:01 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

mine was rubbing me the wrong way too for a while when the upper teeth were new, but it worked itself out in a couple of weeks. hang in there!!
titania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:40 PM   #4
Registered Users

I would try the glycerin bandages. They sell them in the baby aisle with the breastfeeding supplies, but I would buy the clear gel ones they sell with the band-aids, you know, the ones for burns? I think they're the same product only the "boobie soothers" cost $5 each and the burn bandages cost $5 for a whole package. I've used the "soothies" before and they really help straight out of the fridge. Next time I'll buy the cheaper ones and maybe cut them in half.
A'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:00 PM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:

Try to change positions when nursing, like turn your baby the other way. Also, try to pull her close so she does not get lazy on the latch and use her teeth.

It will pass, it has happened to me with each of my babies.
Mom to 4 Cuties, one in Cloth I've been frosted
DS Feedback:
dessismama is offline   Reply With Quote