View Poll Results: (PLS BE HONEST)Do you ever think about stopping BFing b/c for ANY reason?
Of course not 36 38.71%
Yes, I've thought about it 57 61.29%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-30-2006, 09:35 PM   #11
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

Re: Be honest, do you ever wanna stop BFing?

NEVER. The thought makes me sad. This baby might be our last.

Advertisement

Old 08-30-2006, 09:43 PM   #12
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

I chose of course not and that is totally honest! With my first daughter I quit at 6 months and it was a struggle to get that far. This second time around I had it set in my head that there was simply no option BUT breastfeeding! I keep pushing when I set to wean back farther and farther, first I said 12 months, but as it got easier I pushed it back to 18, and now that she is nearly 8 months old and I'm loving it so much, I might just let her go as long as she wants! Even as a newborn, through her bad latch period, (meant 3 weeks of blistered bleeding nipples for me) through mastitis, through colic, there was never a wish that I had chosen formula instead. I guess as a single mom I'm just set in the path that I'm the only one that is going to do it anyways!
EmnJJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:57 PM   #13
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristina
NEVER. The thought makes me sad. This baby might be our last.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:25 PM   #14
wbkt8
Registered Users
seller

i'm not exactly sure how to answer this question.

i definitely had moments of frustration early on, but i was really adamant (unnecessarily so) about her not having formula or bottles. but i never gave quitting serious thought at that age. like everyone else i definitely have had plenty of moments when there were other things i would have rather been doing.

now however that dd's nearly 2 and i'm pg again, i'm pondering whether or not i secretly hope she'll wean now. but i haven't tried to wean her yet. i have been known to try and distract her with other food/beverage alternatives though.

so in short i've never really wanted to throw in the towel completely, but i've certainly wished for relief from time to time.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:33 PM   #15
halyled
Registered Users
seller

I think it's perfectly normal to have thoughts like that. We're mothers, not completely selfless saints. (well, I'm not, anyway, can't speak for anyone else I guess!)

I thought it when I was struggling with the *#@! shield. I thought it when DS woke up every hour and a half to nurse. I thought it when he would scream at me when we were going through a growth spurt and he didn't seem to be getting enough to satisfy him at each nursing. I thought it when he was getting TOO much and would scream at me then, too. I thought it when his butt was raw because he was pooping so often and suspected a hindmilk/foremilk imbalance to be causing at least part of the problem. And nowadays it seems like I can hardly keep him latched on because everytime he hears someone speak or someone walks by, he pops off to take a look!!! ARGH! So, yeah, even now I still think, Good LORD! Maybe FF would be easier!

Then I think....nah.

Edited to add: and I didn't even mention the sore nipples and the bout with mastitis...

Last edited by halyled; 08-30-2006 at 10:35 PM.
halyled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:48 PM   #16
Julesmom23girls
Banned

My Mood:

I stopped BF both my girls around 6-7 mo, the first because I had major supply issues due to misinformation about BC. The second because I thought I had a supply issue that was more likely just a growth spurt. I don't know if it is because I quit early or because I am PG, but there are days that I wish I were still BF my youngest. She is only 14 mo and somedays I just want to latch her on when she doesn't feel well or what ever. Maybe it is because I am about a month from delivering my next. I regret that I stopped BF her, but I stopped and then got Pg so I guess there was a reason for it.

BTW I didn't vote in the poll, since I am technically not BF right now, and I didn't really know where my answer fit.

Anyway, just do what you have to do for your own sanity. Don't feel like you have failed as a mother because you stop BF. To me a good mother knows her limits and when to say it is ok to let go of an issue. KWIM
Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 07:31 AM   #17
rpg_mommy
Registered Users

I voted of course not - I don't think there's been a single time I wanted to stop nursing (even though I had times in the beginning where it hurt and I just wanted the pain to stop), but even then I didn't want to stop nursing, just for it not to hurt.

Maybe I'd feel differently if I hadn't had to go back to work. On work days I only get to be with my son an hour in the morning, half an hour at lunch when I go to daycare to nurse him, and a couple of hours after work before he conks out for the night, so all those nursing moments I look forward to sooo much. When he's crawled up in my lap and pulled at my shirt there's nowhere I'd rather be - dishes and laundry can wait, my baby wants to cuddle.
rpg_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 07:45 AM   #18
Sweetforestcat
Registered Users
seller

yes I do. Sometimes weekly but I am still breastfeeding my 22 month old.

I think your feeling are normal. I have those exact same thoughts as many of you mamas posted. I am glad to still be nursing my son because I also know how I felt/feel since weaning my oldest 2 before a year old!

I do wish I could get more done however, that is not in the plan sometimes!
Old 08-31-2006, 05:53 PM   #19
Sarah
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I sure do. It would be wonderful to be able to go somewhere,anywhere by myself. Taci is such a lil goober she won't even take a bottle of BM so we're the best of friends and constant companions until she decides to wean
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 05:57 PM   #20
angel0123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have been bfing for 2 1/2 yrs and I have another baby due in 20 wks I often wonder what its like to have my body back to myself. So yes I think about ... no I would never act upon it. I believe in self weaning so I have many more yrs to go. This is our last baby so I know I will be sad after the baby weans.