Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-28-2016, 07:13 PM   #1
Jnel
Registered Users

My Mood:
Healthier, stronger, after being diagnosed with fibro/RA/IC. Ready for a baby;)

Hi everyone! I'm excited to share my life and learn what people have to offer here on this site. Three years ago I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis and interstitial cystitis. Since then it's really been a roller coaster. Doctors put me on pain meds, muscle relaxers, nerve blockers, you name it. Since then, I've been trying to get my life back in order. I have my LPN and was one class away from my RN when life really got bad. I'm blessed with amazing family and friends and the most supportive fiance I could ask for. Together, we are learning about a healthy lifestyle and are now focusing on getting pregnant this fall So very excited about all there is to learn about raising a child, having a baby. Right now I'm obsessed with all there is to know about cloth diapering and what we need to be prepared for parenting!

Happy Memorial Day Weekend everyone, nice to meet you.
~Janelle

Advertisement

Jnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 09:16 PM   #2
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Healthier, stronger, after being diagnosed with fibro/RA/IC. Ready for a baby;)

Welcome
Old 05-31-2016, 12:34 AM   #3
Bump2b
Registered Users
seller

Re: Healthier, stronger, after being diagnosed with fibro/RA/IC. Ready for a baby;)

Welcome! Sounds like your experience and strength will be exactly what you need for the parenthood roller coaster ahead! Good luck and best wishes...
Bump2b is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 02:05 AM   #4
turtle1234
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have RA as well and what I've learned is that there are certain things that are guaranteed to make it worse, might be true for you or not but its worth paying attention to when you get desperate:
-too much caffeine. I've found that anything that raises my blood pressure too high makes it worse.
-fake sugar even a small amount, like a stick of gum.
-ibuprofen. While it works for the moment, it will make you hurt a day or two after you took it. Ibuprofen lowers your blood pressure, makes your blood vessels swell with fluid. Then after it wears off your vessels shrink back to normal, which allows the immune system to leak into the tissues. You could just take it everyday but I found it best to just stay away from it. The pain was much worse days after I took it.

One thing they haven't explored or explained about RA is this: (and I know bc I remember it from human anatomy and physiology) your immune system doesn't leave your blood stream unless it has a reason or a means to do so. High blood pressure gives it a means to escape.

Warm weather, hot climates make it better: why bc in these types of climates there are more bugs. It has nothing to do with weather. A bug bite finally gives your immune system something else to do. And I think it can't recognize two threats at once. So instead of attacking your joints, it attacks the bug bites (thank god!).

Like I said I don't know if this will be true for you but you might get desperate and will be willing to try anything. I have my moments and it's hard, tiring and difficult.
turtle1234 is offline   Reply With Quote