Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-01-2006, 12:00 PM   #11
christinewith4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: question about crawling

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesa70
My 9 month old dd can crawl, but she just doesnt like to!

Sometimes she will crawl short distances to get a toy, but she doesnt crawl alot or very quickly. If she wants me and I am across the room, she wont crawl to me she will just whine until I come to her

Is this standard? I thought babies were supposed to love their newfound freedom!
Is she a chubby baby??? Nothing wrong with that of course, but I have noticed that my 3rd-world looking skinny boys(they take after 105lb daddy ) seem to move alot faster- Andrew just turned 7mths and thinks he can walk-and from my years of childcare/teaching, etc I have noticed to boys, on average are more mobile than girls earlier and that skinnier babies seem to be more mobile faster too...

ALSO, if you are giving in to her whining (which is baby for "hey mom come here") why should she crawl? lol...heck I wouldnt...

Sometimes, to get them to do what we want, as parents, we have to play stupid, like we just dont know what they want so they will have to proceed to the next level...

...try getting down on the floor and motioning and calling for her. Make a game out of it.

Other than that, I sure we can all promise that she will be running (more or less crawling) in only a few short months so sit back and enjoy this time of lesser mobility....

Advertisement

christinewith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 03:43 PM   #12
Getz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Babies go at their own pace, and I thought it was normal now for babies to crawl late?

My nephew started crawling at 5 months (or so my sister says...) but he didn't walk till he was 14 months. My step-neice skipped crawling and started walking at 8 months. DS is 7 months and army crawling, I bet he will be crawling in a few weeks. Point of the story is all babies are different and I wouldn't worry about your little one. She will crawl more when she is ready.
Old 09-03-2006, 05:33 PM   #13
geckoed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

momma, you are talking to too many busy-bodies! Listen to your baby, listen to your gut, and put the books and granny-words AWAY.
#1 did not move until he was 9.5 months old. Then he crawled to a coffee table, pulled up, and took a step.
#2 sat up at 3 months, cruised at 5 months, but wouldn't crawl until 8 months or walk without holding on until 9 months (still early but the kid went EVERYWHERE on 2 feet at 5.5 months old just had to hold something)
#3 crawled at 5 months
#4 didn't even ROLL until 6.5 months

They will do what they will do when they will do it. They will do it their way and to the best of their abilities. They won't do it your way, or aunt gertrudes way. They won't listen to the What to Expect authors or to grandpa Earl.

One of mine could walk, but rarely went anywhere. NOTHING wrong with him, and he's SOOOOO BUSY now, but as a tot (and a skinny tot too) he just didn't see the need to run amok. Until he learned to climb that is EGADS!

Anyway your sweetie sounds fine to me.
Old 09-03-2006, 05:47 PM   #14
janendragon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh definatly, ds was like that, he could army crawl, but didnt want to......then BOOM one day he took of crawling normally, started pulling up on the furniture, cruising around it.

SAHM to my crazy toddler
janendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 06:12 PM   #15
sesa70
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for all the advise mamas!

I know she is fine, and she is such a darn sweetie that I should stop worrying. Oh and yes, she is chubby