Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-01-2006, 11:55 AM   #1
ashandri
Registered Users
seller

are you a mom to a 13-14 month old???

Granted, we have moved lately and we are going through some transitions.....BUT my 13 1/2 month old is really struggling. All the sudden, she is throwing temper tantrums at bed time and nap time. I don't want to put her in her crib and let her cry, but I don't know what to do. She is waking up at 4:30 AM ready to get up for the morning (if she woke up at 3,4, or 5 AM in the past, I would put her in our bed and she would go right to sleep). She normally has to have us lay down with her to put her to sleep, but now she flat out want s to do what she wants when she wants to do it . Anyone else going through the same thing or have any advice. It is just too hard to listen to her cry and cry while walking around the house or while laying in bed for 30 minutes everytime she gets tired. Thanks!

Advertisement

ashandri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:05 PM   #2
Julesmom23girls
Banned

My Mood:
Re: are you a mom to a 13-14 month old???

I am almost positive it is because of the recent changes. Have you tried putting on some soft music to help her relax. Is her sleeping area similar to the old house, and settled from the room. It sounds like you don't co-sleep so anything that you can put in her room that makes it comfortable to her. Try to make it as much like before as possible. I have heard that this will help a child adjust to the new surronding better. Good luck, I wish I had more advice for you, I hope someone else does.
Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:16 PM   #3
ashandri
Registered Users
seller

Well, we did cosleep completely until she was about 12 months, but we stopped because she seemed to be getting more restless in bed with us. I thought maybe she wanted to be in the crib??? Anyways...we now let her fall asleep with us and then put her into the crib at night until she wakes up. I guess we could go back to co-sleeping, but that wouldn't eliminate the problem of falling asleep (that's when she is getting so upset). Plus, she is not going to sleep in her room. She goes to sleep in ours, but she just wants to roll over and get off the bed instead of going to sleep . I am definitely going to try the music because we used to use this white noise CD, but haven't used it lately. Thanks!
ashandri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:53 PM   #4
camdensmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The 13-14 month age was really, really bad for us too. Then again until recently it has ALWAYS been hard for my dd but it was definitely a low point. What worked for us to get her to fall asleep is for me to put her in our maya wrap sling and walk around the bedroom in the dark.

Then I discovered that she loved to fall asleep to the sound of our shower (discovered this when she was congested) so we would do that sometimes with the water on cold. If your daugther likes the sound of water though I would suggest buying a white noise machine - my daughter grew out of that otherwise I'd buy one.

If you are still nursing the nursing combined with the maya wrap worked wonders for us.

Good luck.

I haven't read it yet but I hear the No Cry Sleep Solution for Toddlers by Elizabeth Pantley is an excellent book - I have the one for infants but I haven't finished reading it yet.

jessica
camdensmommy is offline   Reply With Quote