Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-02-2006, 05:12 PM   #1
somersocial
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Nipple pain - dd pulling head back...

DD is 5 months this week and my nipples are all of the sudden sore - her latch has kind of changed and she wants to pull her head back - streching my nipple and now I am in pain. ((sigh)) She is not trying to see anything or turn her head - just pulling straight back. The more I try to "gently" hold her head where it should be - she counteracts with more pull.

Any suggestions? I am going to get some Lashinoh out - but how do I get her to stop? As far as her latch - I see her bottom lip is rolled out - but she is not taking in as much of my nipple as she use to -

Thanks!
Niccole

Advertisement

somersocial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 07:18 PM   #2
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:
Re: Nipple pain - dd pulling head back...

Tried a different position? Maybe that would b easier for her to get used to. Other than that, just try to get her mouth as open as you can. Hopefully someone else will have good advice!
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 09:43 PM   #3
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

My daughter started doing that at the same age, if you try to hold them close they fight you harder. I know this isn't the greatest of advice...but you get used to it lol. She pulls now but my nipples don't get sore anymore...took a few months though. Hard to change positions when they start getting bigger.
EmnJJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 09:55 PM   #4
presleycaedmon
Registered Users
seller

I'm going through the EXACT same thing with my 5 month old DD!! I think the weird new latch causes me more pain than the pulling. It's just like you said, she's got her lips "flared", so to speak, but she's just sucking on the tip of my nipple and I can't make her stop!!! OUCH!!!

I wish I had some advice. I'll certainly be watching this thread to see what the expert mama's say!!
Old 09-03-2006, 12:06 AM   #5
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:

Kolten STILL does this @ 15 months. Like the pp said, you really do get used to it. At first it hurt, but now he can be a total contortionist during nursing sessions and it doesn't hurt a bit. He's even nursed with his head upside down before! Just give it time, I think the pulling and fighting to have you hold her back comes with age. Just wait til she's got teeth and she's pulling....
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15 IT'S A GIRL!!!
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 12:44 AM   #6
Sarah
No Longer Here

My Mood:

It's got to be the age. Taci is 5 1/2 months old and she loves to stretch my nipple then let go and see if it would spring back. As soon as she does it she laughs like a little wild woman
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote