Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-03-2006, 10:37 AM   #1
cdmaze
Registered Users
seller

Diaper rash? Help!

I hope I dont have to buy sposies....I cant seem to get dd's bottom to stay clear. For a while it was for sure yeast rash....got that covered, but lately it's been a big flat red rash- kind of scaly. It seems to alternate between being in the front or all over her cheeks in back. It seems to go away with barrier cream and a disposable diaper.

I havent changed detergents...I use Ecover... I use mostly Kissaluv fitteds with wool covers, sometimes Propaps- so why is this happening? I dont want to stop cding- besides I have SOOOOOOO much $$ invested in it.

Help!

Advertisement

cdmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 12:08 PM   #2
Julesmom23girls
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Diaper rash? Help!

MY DD was having a lot of trouble w/ rashes, she was basically being burned by her on urine. I got some microfleece from the fabric store and put it between her and the diaper. It has been so wonderful she doesn't have any red spots anymore. Microfleece wicks away the moisture so it isn't sitting on the skin. I don't know what Kissaluv diapers are like but I highly recommend getting some. You can also use the fleece when you need to use barrier cream to keep it off the cd. Hope this helps.

I have also found some great ointments from WAHMs that are CD friendly like Dixies Bum Butter, or My Mama's Love Salve. There are more these are just a couple of examples. If you can't get any of these things right away try putting some olive oil on her bum, it is actually in most of the WHAM made products, so it is ok. My MIL said they used to tell her to use crisco, but I don't know if it would be too thick for CD, may be hard to wash out.
Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 12:24 PM   #3
shell015
Banned
seller

Try aveno diaper rash ointment. It cleared up the worst rash ever for us in less than 24 hours. HTH
shell015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 12:27 PM   #4
pinkflamingos77
Registered Users

We use triple paste for our baby girl. that stuff rocks. clears it up in a few hrs.