Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-04-2006, 07:20 PM   #1
momtophr
Banned
seller

dairy sensitivity

Hi i am really beginning to think my baby is sensitive to dairy. I have been reading on kellymom.com that it is actually a sensitivity to dairy protiens not the lactose. So i am thinking i am going to try to cut out dairy for a few weeks to see. but it seems like that will cut out alot of things- any moms had to do this?? what do you eat?? lol thanks

Advertisement

momtophr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 07:30 PM   #2
AngelMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: dairy sensitivity

I had to cut out dairy as well as 7 other things, including soy. Since you are just doing dairy, it isn't as hard as it might seem. I ate oatmeal for breakfast with fruit and/or nuts, cinnamon, and/or splenda or brown sugar. Pita pockets have no dairy in them, so I used those a lot. I did tuna pretty frequently, and I made a dish with a bag of frozen stir-fry veggies, two cans of chicken, including the water in the cans, and heated that on the stove. It was fantastic mixed with white rice!! If you have an Aldis near you, many of their products do not have milk in them, including the breads and baking mixes! (My son is still dairy sensitive). Soy yogurt is actually quite good, surprisingly enough! Soy milk is okay in cereal, but I'm not a fan of drinking it by itself.

I know that's a lot, but if you have any other questions, let me know!!

Laura
Old 09-04-2006, 09:59 PM   #3
littleways
Registered Users

I had to cut out dairy - but mostly milk - I replaced it with soya milk - which you can really grow use to - I started by having the chocolate and orginal mixed together and now I like it. Sometimes you can slowly re-introduce it later on. Good luck.

Check out: http://www.weecuddle.com
littleways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 10:06 PM   #4
Raquelita
Registered Users
seller

I've been off dairy, soy, and nuts for months now due to DS's sensitivities (the nuts to try and prevent allergies). It has been hard at tmes but doable - you can *totally* do just dairy-free. When it starts to get hard - remind yourself that it will help you lose the pg weight, and that at least there are rice and soy substitutes (rice dream's ice cream is pretty good!).
Old 09-04-2006, 10:06 PM   #5
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

This is very hard to do but just look for things that include whey too I did it and Noah got 110% better. Good luck momma!
Old 09-04-2006, 10:48 PM   #6
mama23boys
Banned
seller

i will be watching this tread bc i think ds ezcema is related to mik products.
mama23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 07:28 AM   #7
momtophr
Banned
seller

thanks everyone!! I found alot of good information at www.kellymom.com and am gonna try eliminating dairy for the next few weeks to see if it helps. hopefully it will lol
momtophr is offline   Reply With Quote