Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-07-2006, 11:17 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Teething or Growth Spurt?

DS is 3 months old. For the last 4 nights he has been up at least 5-7 x's a night in 7 hours. He went through something similar at 9.5 weeks. Both included chewing on his fists and drooling.
He's also only sleeping 30 minutes at a time during the day until about 3pm where he sleeps 2 hours.
I'm bf'ing around the clock during the day to try to get him to sleep longer at night but it's not working.

Ideas on how to get him to sleep longer/restfully at night?

shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 04:37 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Teething or Growth Spurt?

It sounds like a growth spurt to me. There are growth spurts at 6 weeks and 3 months. My daughter is going through her 6 week growth and sleeps for short periods of time as well.
I use CALMS FORTE for KIDS to help her ease into more restful sleep at night and sometimes in the afternoon. But, she still wakes up a lot at night, she just isnt quite as fussy.
Trying to keep stimulous to a minimum, turning down bright lights and making the house nice and quiet will probably HELP encourage longer rests and make falling asleep seem more appealing.
If you think its teething, you could always try HYLAND's brand teething remedies...but if it were that he would probably be doing a fair amount of crying as well.
Mom to G, E and S
Lisa-Rachelle is offline   Reply With Quote