Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-12-2006, 04:24 PM   #1
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
The saga continues... Wish us luck

Well, i just got off the phone iwth my Kindergarteners Principal. I have a meeting with her tomorrow at 130.
So as i posted before, my extremely bright kindergartner is having alot of trouble adjusting to school. And today it got worse.
She was bitten by anoher kid, and the teacher didnt let me know. This happened at around 11 or so, and come 2 the teeth impressions were still on her wrist. She said the kid drew blood, and i dont even get notified. THis ticked me off. I can see a briuse starting to form, now 4 to 5 hours after the incident.

She is just not thriving and i have such negative vibes from her teacher everytime i talk to her, i wonder if hte teacher talks to her in the same tone... KWIM?? She is a very new teacher. I think her first year... I know they all have to start somewhere, but dont practice on my kid... LOL ( i know bad attitude on my part)

SO wish us luck, I think i am going to ask to have her at least moved to a different K class and see if it gets better. In the mean time, i think i will be looking for a half day kindergarten class somewhere in the district, OR a charter or montessori school. UNless i can get hubby to let me HS.. We shall see..

Can you tell how much i am loving the public school system...

Advertisement

Old 09-12-2006, 04:31 PM   #2
luckyduckies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: The saga continues... Wish us luck

hugs i would be so pee'd off

i love the ps system so much i homeschool so i know what you mean.
luckyduckies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 04:33 PM   #3
Fuzzi Fannies Creations
Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers
seller

My Mood:

Poor Samantha... and mom!
Old 09-12-2006, 04:42 PM   #4
masonite
Whip Crackin Wagon Driver!
seller

My Mood:

I'm sorry mama!!

As a teacher (although high school...and non-practicing), I like to have faith in public schools, but I know that some teachers leave much to be desired. I hope you can find something that will work for your daughter!

Old 09-12-2006, 04:45 PM   #5
Luvmybabies
My two cuties :)
sitesupporter
seller

Good luck Melissa We're having issues with Chloe's teacher here too - this is only 2 days into the school year
Old 09-12-2006, 04:48 PM   #6
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I guess i am most upset about the lack of communication.

When a teacher tells me 4 weeks into the school year, that she is still having the same issue hse had the first week. ( not putting toys away when they blow the whistle) I think it is a cimmuncation issue. How am i supposed to know that he talk i had with my dd dint work...

I want a happy resolution or we are in for a LONG year...

I thought iw as overreacting about the biting thing. but my moms said i was not. and my mom tells me daily i am overprotective and over reactive iwth my kids... LOL

I just wanted her to have a good experience... and it seems like she is just not having that..
Old 09-12-2006, 04:51 PM   #7
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Moving her to another K class is a very good idea. Sometimes, it IS the teacher. (Not saying that she *isn't* smart enough for 1st grade, but some teachers can actually handle smarter kids). My little sister had a HORID K teacher and didn't learn SQUAT the whole year. She still couldn't read by the end of the year and the teacher recommended that she be held back. My mom almost did it but decided against it after talking to other moms who had delt with that teacher. My mom hired a tutor for the summer and she learned to read VERY well in only TWO months.

Also, I had the same problem when I was in the second grade. I hated school and it was so boring... my teacher also treated me like I was stupid and would give me stupid answers when I asked a more "advanced" question. My mom moved me to another class and I was totally fine after that.
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 04:53 PM   #8
Moo&LaLasMomma
Registered Users
Formerly: Ms.LillyAnnzMommy
seller

My Mood:

good luck momma... and lets us know !!

Andrea mother to Ms.Lilly-Ann 2/4/05
and Ms.Molly Renee 6/10/08
Proudly raising My Minis
Moo&LaLasMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 05:08 PM   #9
A'smommy
Registered Users

OMG...bitten?! I'm so sorry!

I hope you find a good solution for your DD.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:19 PM   #10
tessa1002
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothing_butt_cloth
I thought iw as overreacting about the biting thing. but my moms said i was not. and my mom tells me daily i am overprotective and over reactive iwth my kids... LOL

I'm a pretty laidback mom, but I would even be pissed about that biting thing. You really should have been notified. My friends daughter was bitten last school year and they notified her right away so she could take the kid to the hospital to get her checked out ASAP. And IMO if theres just no way you can get along with the teacher you should get a new one. Its kinda like a ped, if she's going to be taking care of your kid all day you should be able to have a decent relationship. And to all the school teachers here I'm not saying to just dump them if you don't like them, but if theres really no way you both can get along I think it would be beneficial to everyone in the situation if the child was switched.

Good luck!
tessa1002 is offline   Reply With Quote