Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-01-2008, 11:55 AM   #11
mommypockets
Registered Users
seller

Re: A cheer for exclusive breastfeeders

Yayyyy for exclusive bf'ing!!!

Advertisement

mommypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:24 AM   #12
roostermom
Registered Users

roostermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 10:15 AM   #13
Primm_n_Proper_Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Love how to the point this is, but it's horrifying from the perspective of a mom who couldn't do any kind of breast milk for legal reasons (and so HAD to use formula). I guess I'm lucky she's been so healthy, huh?

We've had no ear infections and the only illnesses she's had are full blown influenza at 6 mos (we kept her out of the hospital though - the only way she'd take any fluid was through a SNS) and last week the stomach flu. I guess we've been blessed.

I would have loved to provide BM to her, but we couldn't and this absolutely terrifies me! Guess it's something to print off and give to the social workers at DSHS!!!!
Old 05-17-2008, 01:33 PM   #14
lydiamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

great post! very harsh, but also true and I don't think we should mince words when it comes to our children's health. I've copied and pasted this onto my computer

Baltic Creations co-op now open
lydiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 01:52 PM   #15
La Mere D'Anna
Registered Users

It also reduces the risks of Rhematoid Arthritis!

Yay for boobies and breastmilk!
Old 05-17-2008, 02:17 PM   #16
rwooley
Banned
seller

My Mood:

While I do agree with this post, you should take into consideration those of us who couldnt BF our children of one reason or another, due to medical problems in the baby or the mom. Posts like these make those of us who didnt have this option feel like crap! Sorry to be so negative,but, not everyone had such an easy choice.
rwooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 02:23 PM   #17
ForCryingOutLoud
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwooley View Post
While I do agree with this post, you should take into consideration those of us who couldnt BF our children of one reason or another, due to medical problems in the baby or the mom. Posts like these make those of us who didnt have this option feel like crap! Sorry to be so negative,but, not everyone had such an easy choice.

I ebf both of my children, but I have to agree with her. It isn't always so cut and dry.
Old 05-17-2008, 04:40 PM   #18
La Mere D'Anna
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Carson&Belle View Post

I ebf both of my children, but I have to agree with her. It isn't always so cut and dry.
I sincerely doubt this post was made to make formula users feel crappy. It was made to build up those who breastfeed. It's hard to breastfeed. There's a lot of stigma in our society and it's not easy in general, either.
Old 05-17-2008, 04:51 PM   #19
lydiamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Mere D'Anna View Post
I sincerely doubt this post was made to make formula users feel crappy. It was made to build up those who breastfeed. It's hard to breastfeed. There's a lot of stigma in our society and it's not easy in general, either.
ITA
I'm well aware that some women are unable to bf and thank God that formula is available for those babies! But in our society where ff is 'normal', as an eb****** mom it is nice to hear that the effort I am making is worth it.

Baltic Creations co-op now open
lydiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 10:48 PM   #20
Cryssie
Registered Users

My Mood:

BF mom here, but the study about the raised IQ is coming out to be a genetic factor more then a BF one. Bf does put a play in it.. but genetics oversteps it.

The individuals that Bf normally already have a higher IQ and education, therefor genetics is more in play. There is another study that shows an isolated gene. If the child has this gene, then the child has a higher chance of bf increasing the IQ. But, if the child does not have the gene, there is no change.

Mom 33, Dad 32, Boo 7, Beet 1 , And Bug is here!!
Cryssie is offline   Reply With Quote