Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-08-2008, 03:12 PM   #1
sem1105
Registered Users

Why does my son pinch my nipples?

My 10 month old son has to have his hand on the other breast while nursing. He like to squeeze it, pinch the nipple, etc. If I try to take his hand away he gets really mad. Anyone else have this experience?

sara

Advertisement

sem1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 03:46 PM   #2
pokydog
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Why does my son pinch my nipples?

Yes & I can't stand it! It's like he's trying to tune into a radio station or something. Ugh! I either cross my top arm over that breast or remove his arm & hold onto it. Sometimes he is satisfied to scratch & pinch my arm instead. Sometimes he gets mad & tries to push me away. My son is 20 months & it has been going on for a while.

mama to two energetic boys, age 5 & 2!
pokydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 03:48 PM   #3
I Smile Because Of Them
Registered Users
seller

Location: I'm only passing through here as my real home is in Heaven!
My Mood:

My DS just started doing this. I *think* I've heard it's to make the milk flow faster. Since I'm pregnant, my supply has gone really low and he's only nursing like 1-2 times a day but when he does, I've noticed that he likes to "play" with both of them. I think he's just curious.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:41 PM   #4
shelbell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD is 8 mo and does this too. She loves to pinch or squeeze one of my boobs when she's eating. It doesn't matter if it's the one she's eating from or not. I try to hold her hand or give her a small, soft toy. It works sometimes and sometimes she gets really mad! I think I need a nursing necklace.
shelbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 04:43 PM   #5
MUHAJABAH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokydog View Post
Yes & I can't stand it! It's like he's trying to tune into a radio station or something. Ugh! I either cross my top arm over that breast or remove his arm & hold onto it. Sometimes he is satisfied to scratch & pinch my arm instead. Sometimes he gets mad & tries to push me away. My son is 20 months & it has been going on for a while.
My son does it too, it makes me insane! I pull my shirt down over that side and hold it so he cant do it. It really makes me crazy.
MUHAJABAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 04:47 PM   #6
MatildasMum
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Why does my son pinch my nipples?

Because it's fun. HTH
MatildasMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:57 PM   #7
sdavis514
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know! My DS is doing this too! I usually hold his hand, kiss it, nibble his fingers, etc- to distract him. It might makethe milk flow faster- my DS loves the fast flow so it makes sense for us. My DS like to pop of the one he is sucking and pinch that one too. I have not tried a nursing neckace but maybe I should. Plus it is probably fun to get a reaction out of mom. I think my DS does it more if I am not paying attention to him.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:12 PM   #8
5browns
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sem1105 View Post
My 10 month old son has to have his hand on the other breast while nursing. He like to squeeze it, pinch the nipple, etc. If I try to take his hand away he gets really mad. Anyone else have this experience?

sara
Because he is a 10 month old BOY! My son does this too (he's 9 months) , but he doesnt stick with JUST nipples. He pretty much pinches any exposed skin he can find!
Sara If I'm slow to respond, it's possibly because I care for 3 non-napping children while being involved in a preschool co-op, a veggie co-op, a bible study group, and training for a 5k. I am a little busy.
5browns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 11:14 PM   #9
one_lucky_mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My daughter does this too, and it can drive me batty as well. I will cover it with my shirt or arm so that she can't get to it. I've had her gently squeeze the one she's nursing on with her hand and this I don't mind, but pinching my nipple I do. I wonder if it helps stimulate let down faster for the one she nursing on, or she just like to play with it, I don't know but would love to know what's going through her mind when she does it.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:31 PM   #10
naivete
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It helps the milk flow faster and helps it let down again. My LO doesn't do the other one, but does pinch the one he's using, and the skin all around it. I usually don't even pay attention to it, I figure he's kneading like a cat does when they nurse, it's nature, I just let him eat how he wants to eat.

But I keep his nails trimmed like, every night. ;d