Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-13-2008, 04:13 PM   #11
RoxyRocks
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Are there any safe lice shampoos for breastfeeders?

Im really sorry Mama when i was little I got lice a couple of time....I also wasnt dirty just caught it Well I have SUPER curly hair sooo my Mom would just dye my hair and it worked she jsut did it a brown no one really noticed hair dye is cheap and once she did it twice

I hope it all works out Mama!

Advertisement

Old 05-14-2008, 09:12 AM   #12
mollypeters
Registered Users
seller
seller

After we battled lice over and over again w/ the stepkids, I found out that you can use Cetaphil Gently Skin Cleanser. Just saturate your scalp and hair, and let it set like that for a while to ensure complete coverage. Then use a lice comb to strip out the excess cleanser. Then blow dry. What this does is basically "shrink wrap" the lice and nits to your scalp/hair, and they suffocate. Leave this in for 24 hours (don't worry, you can't tell it's there), then wash out in the shower. To ensure a complete kill, repeat in a few days to kill any nits that might have remained and hatched.
mollypeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 01:18 AM   #13
cassondruh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

lice hate tea tree oil. you can add a few drops to your shampoo!
I kept tto shampoo in my shower when I was working at the elementary school to help prevent them from wanting to live on my head. there were outbreaks of lice at the school and I didn't get headlice again after using the TTO shampoo
cassondruh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 01:33 AM   #14
LunaBirch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Be sure to add a few drops of TTO to your family's shampoo.. I do this routinely as a preventative measure.. and it seemed to do the trick when Cass had it in the fall.. as soon as I noticed her lice, I used TTO on all our heads and no one else got it. TTO is also supposed to kill them.. I mixed it with water and srayed Cass's head 2-3 times a day for a like a week, and every morning before school after that to be safe.. it kept them away.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:45 PM   #15
frog_fairie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i have such a fear of lice...............really lol my hair is SUPER thick and my son is going to be going to prek soon and his sister after him so i will deff be getting some TTO!
frog_fairie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 05:16 PM   #16
ashleymelynn
Nanipoo Lover <3
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog_fairie View Post
i have such a fear of lice...............really lol my hair is SUPER thick and my son is going to be going to prek soon and his sister after him so i will deff be getting some TTO!
grease your hair up. with har gel, spray, etc. and keep the kiddo's and your hair up in a pony if possible
My ISO thread
ashleymelynn is offline   Reply With Quote