Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-16-2008, 11:47 PM   #1
La Mere D'Anna
Registered Users

Question Possibly Menstruating?

I just thought I'd ask here. I'm sure there might be more of you in my situation? Anyway, I am still breastfeeding my 17-almost-18-month old daughter. She nurses several times a day. I'd say 3-6 times a day? I'm not sure. I don't count. I also have a Mirena IUD. I've always told people that I haven't started my periods back yet. But I'm beginning to think that I have started menstruating. A few months back (I don't know when exactly... January? February?) I started to spot in my panties about once a month, but I thought nothing of it and didn't write it down or anything. I decided one month to write it down, but the next month it wasn't on the same day (ex: first month was on the 5th, second on the 19th...etc.) Anyhow, I noticed last month I cramped then bled a little (about enough for a panty liner) and that was it! That was on like 10th. Then this month it happened again. I cramped then had a little blood in my undies and that was it all over again. I think that was the 12th? Something like that. Has anybody experienced this? Am I menstruating? Ugh. I'm so confused. I thought when you got your period back the first time it would be heavier and more painful. This is like a billionth the pain and blood that my period would usually be like. I don't even need any pain killers like Pamprin or any tampons or pads. Just one little panty liner (if I get it on before I bleed... which I haven't so far...) Any ideas?

Advertisement

Old 05-17-2008, 01:21 AM   #2
paintedbison
Registered Users
seller

Re: Possibly Menstruating?

I think the Mirena is supposed to make your periods way lighter. FWIW, my periods have always been lighter and less painful after I had my first baby.
Old 05-17-2008, 01:59 AM   #3
La Mere D'Anna
Registered Users

Re: Possibly Menstruating?

Thank you so much for the response. I wasn't sure if the Mirena made periods different or not. Also, thank you for the response that your periods were different after childbirth.