Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-27-2008, 11:12 PM   #11
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: where do these comments come from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis&AbramsMom View Post
I soooo would've popped my b00b out and started to nurse. I'm so sorry people have to be such jerks!

Advertisement

Old 05-28-2008, 10:37 AM   #12
ALLISOKOBX
Registered Users
Formerly: soon2bmom
seller

My Mood:

it's are culture tv movies mags all show the same things moms babies and bottles. besides as soon as you start showing ur pregnant and for the rest of your life people will give out unwanted advice. just my
Old 05-28-2008, 11:43 AM   #13
Momma2B
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookamama View Post
When I saw 'he' I thought "aha!" He probably didn't have kids, and for sure not a lot of common sense. Some people believe it is their duty to correct all the 'clueless' mothers out there and must say something when children are crying or misbehaving.
my grandMOTHER, mom to 7, watched me feed dd and asked how she knew to suck on my boob... duh, it's instinct. it's amazing the questions people ask - and it's not just men!!

my mom, being very "helpful" makes up new reasons for dd being fussy all the time. dd was tired and my mom went out to get suppositories!
Old 05-28-2008, 12:05 PM   #14
~LiLaC~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

People can be so clueless sometimes.

I had my 6 month old in a highchair last weekend at my inlaws house so I could have a free hand to eat. He started fussing a little b/c he doesn't love the highchair, and DH's aunt kept saying "he's hungry, you need to feed him...look he wants your food...just give him a little" I kept explaining that he is too young to eat solid food, was just fed, and is just fussing b/c he doesn't like the highchair. She insisted that I give him part of my pb sandwich, and when I got up to get a napkin she went to try to give him some!! UMM...he doesn't have any teeth...he'll choke! HELLO....
Luckily I caught her, scolded her, and took DS out of the room after that. I hate that people think that they know what is best for YOUR child. Oh, and this woman doesn't have any kids!
Old 05-28-2008, 12:45 PM   #15
JeanieNGmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LiLaC~ View Post
People can be so clueless sometimes.

I had my 6 month old in a highchair last weekend at my inlaws house so I could have a free hand to eat. He started fussing a little b/c he doesn't love the highchair, and DH's aunt kept saying "he's hungry, you need to feed him...look he wants your food...just give him a little" I kept explaining that he is too young to eat solid food, was just fed, and is just fussing b/c he doesn't like the highchair. She insisted that I give him part of my pb sandwich, and when I got up to get a napkin she went to try to give him some!! UMM...he doesn't have any teeth...he'll choke! HELLO....
Luckily I caught her, scolded her, and took DS out of the room after that. I hate that people think that they know what is best for YOUR child. Oh, and this woman doesn't have any kids!

i hate that. my dh's aunt and grandma keep telling me i need to give my ds watter inbetween feedings. i know i dont need to but i emailed my local LLL leader and asked she assured me I was right then explained the first milk to come out will quench his thirst then the feeding milk will come (she explained it better and more detailed i shortened it due to nak'ing lol). im getting tired of going to his aunts house because i hate getting told what to do with my children
Old 05-28-2008, 08:35 PM   #16
lydiamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm going to visit my aunt tomorrow and she told me to tell older dd that we'd go see the cows and get some chocolate milk. then she said "I may just slip a fingerfull to Juliet too" (Juliet is 2 months!!). I just said "you most certainly will not!". I think she may have been kidding but my mom told me my aunt actually did slip my older sister food when she was like 3 months.

by the way, what is nak?

Baltic Creations co-op now open
lydiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 09:26 PM   #17
JeanieNGmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lydiamom View Post
I'm going to visit my aunt tomorrow and she told me to tell older dd that we'd go see the cows and get some chocolate milk. then she said "I may just slip a fingerfull to Juliet too" (Juliet is 2 months!!). I just said "you most certainly will not!". I think she may have been kidding but my mom told me my aunt actually did slip my older sister food when she was like 3 months.

by the way, what is nak?
nursing at keyboard lol
Old 05-28-2008, 09:30 PM   #18
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my mil said i had enough milk but it wasnt satisfying to him another colicky baby .... i think the worst was one time in a store when i was shopping with my mom and he wouldnt stop screaming - i had tried nursing him a half dz times and he was refusing - of course i even checked his diaper - i think he was overtired oh and still colicky! an older women came up to me and asked me why i didnt feed him - to which of course i replied that i had and he was refusing more - so then she says to change him - know i'm a younger mom - was 24 at the time but easily can look 16 BUT doesnt everybody know to try feeding or changing a tired baby - i was almost in tears and was thinking thats the best you can do for advice!?!?!@??@?@?@@

nak= nursing at keyboard
Old 05-29-2008, 06:54 AM   #19
~LiLaC~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by negrapy View Post
my mil said i had enough milk but it wasnt satisfying to him another colicky baby .... i think the worst was one time in a store when i was shopping with my mom and he wouldnt stop screaming - i had tried nursing him a half dz times and he was refusing - of course i even checked his diaper - i think he was overtired oh and still colicky! an older women came up to me and asked me why i didnt feed him - to which of course i replied that i had and he was refusing more - so then she says to change him - know i'm a younger mom - was 24 at the time but easily can look 16 BUT doesnt everybody know to try feeding or changing a tired baby - i was almost in tears and was thinking thats the best you can do for advice!?!?!@??@?@?@@

nak= nursing at keyboard
I can totally relate to looking a lot younger than I am too! Sometimes I forget to put my wedding rings on when I leave the house (don't like to wear them 24/7 b/c they might scratch DS) and I swear I get the worst comments from people when I'm not wearing them. I think they assume I am a single teen mom so I must not know what I am doing.
(I know many women that were teen moms - not saying they are incompetent, but that these strangers giving me advice act like this)
Old 05-29-2008, 06:31 PM   #20
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LiLaC~ View Post
I can totally relate to looking a lot younger than I am too! Sometimes I forget to put my wedding rings on when I leave the house (don't like to wear them 24/7 b/c they might scratch DS) and I swear I get the worst comments from people when I'm not wearing them. I think they assume I am a single teen mom so I must not know what I am doing.
(I know many women that were teen moms - not saying they are incompetent, but that these strangers giving me advice act like this)
yep, I getcha. I WAS a single teen mom and the "advice" that people give just makes me . Stupid stupid stupid.

I get those comments all the time. My kid is apparently starving because she went from 4 1/2lbs at birth to 14lbs at 5 months old. I am really starving her. Yep. NEVER feed that kid.