Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-21-2006, 09:54 AM   #11
Babyvan
Registered Users

Re: does your dc clothing match their gender?

Quote:
I hope I dont confuse the poor girl
She is only 10 months old. I don't think she minds much at this point. When she does begin to notice, if she minds, she will let you know. Besides, not all girls are girly-girls. She may also prefer the blue dinos!

Advertisement

Babyvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 09:55 AM   #12
sherbear178
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With my DD I dressed her in all girly stuff for at least the first year but then as she got a little older I started to put her in stuff that was more genger neutral or sould even be considered boyish. Mostly she wears girly looking stuff but sometimes other. My ds wears all boyish stuff. I know its hypocritical but I dont think I could put him in pink. When he is older anbd can ask for it fine but until then I am going to dress him boyish.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:55 AM   #13
KnottyLDSMama
Peachy with a side of keen, that would be me
Formerly: Moonprysm
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't believe in gender-typing, so no. I think it's really sad that girls can wear blue (hey, it's my favorite color!) but boys aren't extended the same courtesy. My son will be allowed to wear pink, play with dolls, ect. if he wants to. He has a ton of diapers that most people would say are "girly". That's fine with me, because my son is an individual, and I'm not going to let society dictate what is okay and what isn't okay for him to wear.
KnottyLDSMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 10:23 AM   #14
MamaMegan
Banned
seller

My son was in boys clothes-- or very "boy" looking clothes but tha's easy when I go for comfy with sweats, jeans, t-shirts and overalls-- basic things, and he looks good in blues, greens, red. For DD I go more for comfrt and her clothes are mainly yoga pants, sweat pant, one piece rompers-- tees, hoodies... all cotton and stretchy--- right now she has a lot of black pants, and white, grey, teal tees because that's what Old Navy had on clearance for $0.97 LOL--- she has pinks, purples and girly clothes but, she also has her brother's hand me downs.

My son dresses very boy now. He's picking out his clothes (well, helping) now so he looks like a mismatched hooligan -- right now he's wearing orange cargo sweatpants, a white-grey-black camo shirt, rainbow striped hoodie-- and a rail road conductor hat-- oh, and purple socks. But he got dressed himself! Yesterday he went grocery shopping with me wearing tan cords, sneakers and the superman PJ top, cape and all.
MamaMegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 10:28 AM   #15
annes_cottage
Accomplice to the Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers

My Mood:

My boys are all boy and I tried to get them pink shirts when they came out and they refused....ALL boy!! Lots of camoflage, sports stuff, dirt bike stuff....lots of black...which hides the stains well!! lol

My girls are all girly girls and I am glad. I am old fashioned at heart and love that they love their dresses. They love bows and jewelery and nail polish...

For me when they are babies I dress them according to their gender. I hated when they said oh he is so cute when my baby had a dress on!! Some people must be blind!! Now I do dress baby girls in blue dresss, or green....but still dresses.

Avi pic: Leland 1 yr
annes_cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 10:52 AM   #16
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonprysm
I don't believe in gender-typing, so no. I think it's really sad that girls can wear blue (hey, it's my favorite color!) but boys aren't extended the same courtesy. My son will be allowed to wear pink, play with dolls, ect. if he wants to. He has a ton of diapers that most people would say are "girly". That's fine with me, because my son is an individual, and I'm not going to let society dictate what is okay and what isn't okay for him to wear.

Bram's never been in the dark blues/reds/trucks/sports stuff. Its not something DH or I would wear so its just not our style. His hair is long too so people often think he's a girl. (And we've got some rude comments about how we need to cut it.) But, if I cut his hair and put him in a truck shirt and denim, it just wouldn't seem like Bram to me! (And DH says the same thing.)

If I had a girl, I think I might buy more pink stuff but I still wouldn't have a problem dressing her in more "boyish" stuff. Though I guess it wouldn't be too darn boyish seeing as I don't even like the uber-boyish stuff on Bram.
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 10:59 AM   #17
MamaMegan
Banned
seller

DS has curly, curly, curly blonde hair-- light and fluffly. He can be wearing camo and jeans, and people will comment on how pretty my daughter's hair is. ILs keep saying we nedd to cut it..... he's had it cut once and it was an awful experience....
Old 09-21-2006, 11:05 AM   #18
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMegan
DS has curly, curly, curly blonde hair-- light and fluffly. He can be wearing camo and jeans, and people will comment on how pretty my daughter's hair is. ILs keep saying we nedd to cut it..... he's had it cut once and it was an awful experience....
Aww, I want a curly haired baby.

Bram's is STICK straight but its about an inch past his ears (and really light too) and he doesn't have bangs either so its long all over. Though, I *have* always trimmed it in the back to make sure he doesn't get a mullet.
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 11:06 AM   #19
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a boy and his clothes are ALL BOY, if he has jean shorts or jeans (something like that) his tops are trucks/sports, stuff like that,
Old 09-21-2006, 11:07 AM   #20
MamaMegan
Banned
seller

Caleb had no hair until 2 years-- I mean b-a-l-d with no fuzz even. But in the last 6 or so months it's come in nice and thick. I love it and won't cut it.

That was the funny part of my DD's delivery, the doctor said "Look at all the dark hair!" I actually stopped mid push and made them get a mirror, shocked. I'm blonde, DH was a toe head (now darker)-- so dark hair?? But her's is now turning blonde.