Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-31-2008, 12:19 AM   #1
MomToJazmyne
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
How often does your toddler nurse?

I was just curious because Jazmyne still actually nurses at least twice a night and about 6 times during the day if not more even though she eats plenty of food. So is this normql or do I need to start limiting her?

Thanks!

Advertisement

J (8/15/06) and L (4/25/13)
MomToJazmyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 12:40 AM   #2
moonphishers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How often does your toddler nurse?

MY DS2 - who will be 2 next week - has just recently weaned. Up until last saturday, he was nursing about 6 times a day as well. He was night weaned at 18 mo - and until then was nursing about 2-3 times a night... so your LO's pattern does sound typical!

*I* wouldn't limit her at this point, unless you're not comfortable with it...
Old 05-31-2008, 12:44 AM   #3
Riverdavidsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS is 19 months now and he still nurses at least once a night and several times a day. I don't count because sometimes it's for a snack other times for comfort or to go down for a nap or just for a good drink. (The other day he was eating peanut butter with me and I offered him water in a sippy and he pushed it away and went for the boob. I guess milk does go better with PB!)

So no, I don't limit him at all. I know this time is short and it's the best "multi-vitamin" he can have at this point.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:56 AM   #4
MomToJazmyne
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

*I* am totally comfortable with J nursing this much but I am getting comments from my family about it and was just wondering if it was typical. But most of my family weaned at a year if not before...my cousin (who is the worst about it) weaned her DD at 3.5 months. I figure this is just a short period in my life that I will never get back and I might as well give her the best I can while I am able since I had to work so hard to get her here anyway.
Thanks everyone!!

J (8/15/06) and L (4/25/13)
MomToJazmyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 12:58 AM   #5
moonphishers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomToJazmyne View Post
*I* am totally comfortable with J nursing this much but I am getting comments from my family about it and was just wondering if it was typical. But most of my family weaned at a year if not before...my cousin (who is the worst about it) weaned her DD at 3.5 months. I figure this is just a short period in my life that I will never get back and I might as well give her the best I can while I am able since I had to work so hard to get her here anyway.Thanks everyone!!
You got that right mama!!!!
Old 05-31-2008, 01:04 AM   #6
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

My DD is 2.5yrs and nurses SO MANY times during the day and like 4 times at night.

But I never limit them and CLW.

My DS weaned at 3.5yrs and nursed a ton!!!
Old 05-31-2008, 01:19 AM   #7
Serendipitous Creationz
Registered Users
Formerly: ****mom
seller

My Mood:

Ava nurses to sleep and then about 3 times per ni*ht. She nurses when she wakes up, before and after meals, before naps, after naps :lol: and randomly throu*hout the day... I would *uess she nurses 10-12 times a day on any *iven day. I let her decide when she wants it ... Some days she eats a TON still, others not so much .. she's very healthy so I'm content with it.
You are so ri*ht and that's how I look at it as well ... this won't last forever. Some days I'm kinda wiped but it's worth it ... I definately cherish this time
Serendipitous Creationz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 01:36 AM   #8
La Mere D'Anna
Registered Users

I never count, but my eighteen month old daughter still must nurse at least six times a day if not MORE. She nurses most nights in the middle of the night, although not in the past few days. She usually nurses before bed, when she wakes up, several times during the day. She doesn't like cow's milk much, so I let her nurse as much as she wants for those vitamins and fats which are so important for growing bodies and minds. I'd like for her to stop nursing at night, which in the past few days she hasn't thankfully.... but she seems to have been wanting to nurse more during the day. We're homebodies, so maybe she just feels like nursing out of boredom.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:57 AM   #9
mtchen79
Registered Users
seller

I work full-time for 10-12 hrs per day from M-Th and when I get home, DD nurses at least 2-3x before going to bed and then nurses through the night about 4x, she is about 15mo old and will eat regular food too. When I am home during the weekends, she nurses just about every other hour or more! I don't know if it's always for hunger, she seems to like the comfort and the cuddling aspect and like pp said, maybe out of boredom since we're home all day, lol.
Mom to DD1 02/07, DD2 03/09 and #3 in 01/12
mtchen79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 02:43 PM   #10
mom2jjorion
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My LO nurses 3-4 times from morning until bedtime & not at all overnight.
Different from yours, but equally normal!

Expecting Babygirl early 2012!
mom2jjorion is offline   Reply With Quote