Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-31-2008, 11:13 AM   #1
Registered Users
problem with teeth marks!

ok dd (11m) has been getting new teeth like crazy lately. They haven't been an issue, and i only ever got just one little nip from her. BUT now it seems everytime she nurses to sleep, as she starts drifting off to sleep, she's also drifting back on the nipple. so by the time she's good asleep, i'm in pain! pre-teeth, i could just stick my finger in the side of her mouth to break the suction, and pop the nipple right out of her mouth. but now, if i try she goes into "lockdown" mode...she tries to suck it back in (scraping against her teeth). so by the time i get it out, i've got teeth marks at the base of the nipple and half the time I wake her up as well.

any advice???

Lisa -mother to ER (07/07), ET (10/09), EM (05/13) & wife to Carter
nalazimbala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 12:25 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: problem with teeth marks!

I feel your pain:O , all I can say, is you have to continue to break suction somehow. (behind the molars?) My lo is almost 2 and he falls asleep nursing, so I just wait until he's really really asleep before trying to stick my finger in his mouth. Sometimes it doesn't work, though......I'm not sure I've been much help!
lovespepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 03:18 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: problem with teeth marks!

Well, it'll wake her up, but when my ds would clamp down like that, the only way to break the suction was to plug his nose....he was forced to open his mouth. I also spent probably a whole year with teeth marks on my nipples....

Be careful with those scrapes. I got an infected nipple from him pulling off & scraping me once.

Good luck. I know that my time is coming again soon.
L, WOHM to big T (9/4/03) and little t (8/22/07).
lilepad is offline   Reply With Quote