Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-10-2008, 01:08 AM   #1
ashnicole227
Registered Users

My Mood:
Question Uhmm.."co-showering"...i guess it would be called...talk to me!!

wondering if a lot of people do this...or if you just think its weird? What is your opinion of the appropriate age that a child should not...co-shower, i guess you could call it?...with you anymore? Do you think the child's gender is a factor? Intrested in what everyone thinks.....

Advertisement

Old 06-10-2008, 01:10 AM   #2
tessa1002
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Uhmm.."co-showering"...i guess it would be called...talk to me!!

DS still showers with me on occasion. On his wild days I just can't trust him to be good for that 20 minutes.

He's 2 and 1/2.
tessa1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 01:15 AM   #3
5browns
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, I never intended to, but we didn't have locks on our bathroom doors when the kids were small, so my 2 daughters would strip naked every time they heard the water running and come running in. They are 8 and 10 now, and STILL insist on trying to chat with me while I'm showering/bathing, but at least they take their own showers! I'm not sure yet if I'll let me son in with me, and for how long if I do. Showering alone without constant interruption sounds wonderful, but Little Boy is too busy to leave unattended for long.
Sara If I'm slow to respond, it's possibly because I care for 3 non-napping children while being involved in a preschool co-op, a veggie co-op, a bible study group, and training for a 5k. I am a little busy.
5browns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 01:17 AM   #4
ashnicole227
Registered Users

My Mood:

I hardly ever get to shower alone=( My sons 3 and strips to get in too....i just dont know when i should start getting him out of that since hes a boy i guess?
Old 06-10-2008, 05:50 AM   #5
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

When DJ was a baby, I always took him in the shower with me. When I got really pregnant with James and couldn't hold him anymore, dh started taking him in with him. Now that I'm single again, DJ usually showers by himself but sometimes he wants me to come in there with him. He's almost 4 but it doesn't bother me. James always comes in with me because he gets terrified if I try to put him in by himself. DJ went through a phase of pointing out my "boobies" and lack of a "peepee" every time he saw me naked but I was pretty nonchalant about it and he got over it. James is just now getting to that point but I don't see a lot of choice. Baths take a lot of water and a lot of time so sometimes showers just seem to be the smarter choice but James insists on being held in the shower and I'm the only one here. I guess when any of us starts to feel uncomfortable about it, I'll figure out something else. For now, it doesn't bother me and it doesn't seem to bother them so there's no problem.
Barbara - Unexpectedly back after a long hiatus...anxiously awaiting #6!
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 05:55 AM   #6
SubliminalDarkness
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Both my kids are mostly showered with either DH or I. My oldest is 6, and none of us have any problem with it. It's just a practicality.
SubliminalDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 06:16 AM   #7
tlaquepaque
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I shower with my kids almost daily. Xander is 4 and 1/2 and knows body parts but isn't the least bit modest or bothered by my nudity or sisters. Sometimes he wants to take a bath by himself and I let him while we are in the shower. I have a glass shower door so I can see him the whole time. Sister just plays on the shower floor. This is what works the best for us.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:25 AM   #8
ty&jessie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My kids are ds~almost 4 and dd~1.5 and they both shower with me. On weekends ds showers with dh though. It just works, I too don't trust either one of them to there own devices for even 5 mins.!!
Old 06-10-2008, 06:32 AM   #9
abbi77
Registered Users

My Mood:

My girls have all showered with me at one point or another. When xh & I were still together, sometimes that was still the only way I could get a shower in, lol. My youngest will be 6 next month, and still likes to get in with me occasionally, but for the most part looooves to play in the bathtub, so it's not really much of an issue. I don't see a problem with it.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:42 AM   #10
navars2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My almost 6 year old DD will still shower with me on occasion. She has not showered with DH in years, though (he probably stopped being comfortable with it when she was 2 or 3). My going on 3 year old DS also still showers with me on occasion. I'm okay with it for now though I imagine at some point I will be uncomfortable with it. He's only just now weaning, though, so it's not like he doesn't see my breasts anyway. LOL He showers with DH as well.

http://hyenacart.com/knitsNbits/index.php
Featuring handknits, handsewn/smocked baby clothes, and much more!
Check out my Handspun yarns for sale NOW at The Serenity Tree Congo
navars2 is offline   Reply With Quote