Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-09-2006, 10:22 AM   #11
Registered Users
Re: Do you ever find yourself

Originally Posted by Ooey
Your lucky...
My dh keeps careful track of the finances, so he does know how much I have spent on diapers, and it does hurt him
I wish DH would help out more with ours!! The farthest he goes with our finances is working and earning a paycheck! At any given time he doesn't ever know how much is in our acct. I balance the checkbook, I pay the bills, I set up the budget.....I hate doing it, but when we got together he hadn't balanced his checkbook in over 3 months and knew 'about' how much he had in his account. He cannot be trusted! lol

As far as diapers go, he doesn't really care. I tell him when he asks, which isn't very often. He just worries when I sell them that I won't have enough left. I just sold a dozen AIOs and he was like....that's a lot of your stash, will you have any left?! I was like 'take a look around, I have enough to get by' but that doesn't mean I won't buy more!!!

~Amanda~ and Aaron (11/27/04) Aedan (11/18/03) Harley (07/26/05) and Emma Mae (02/18/08) and Baby Girl due 06/17/13!!
2sweetboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 10:37 AM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

Guilty! Esp now that I have a girl. :P Last night J says "Do you realize that you've spent like $200 on dipers in the last couple weeks?" Then this morning he's saying there's so many cd's that he want (the music ones ) and he needs to stop "window" shopping before he spends all our money. I said "Yeah, I know what you mean! I'm purposely avoiding ebay right now." He says, Yeah, but I'm getting bored with the music I have.. you can't really get bored with a diaper." Um.. yeah you can! Or you can find something that's just so darn cute that you must have it no matter how many diapers/covers you already have!

I'm an addict.
~Megan~ On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand.
Wife to 1 "People want the truth but never want the scars.." Emery
Mama to.. too many to list!
ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 10:51 AM   #13
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
My Mood:

I am a shopaholic, especially with diapers. I seem to get on kicks and diapers is the one I'm on right now. I just took inventory of diapers so I know what I have for when Lilly finally arrives. I have 73 (NB and Sm) not including prefolds, prefitteds, covers or orders on the way. It's crazy!! Dh and I have a very strange financial set up so he has no real idea. He makes all the money so he handles and pays all the bills. My money (from sewing and child support for ds) is used for groceries and my personal spending (which is all on the kids). Until recently I had no idea what the name of the gas and elecric company even was. I like it, it works for us and he never questions my spending (well, almost never).
Dawn, proud mama to Finn (11/23/10), Sully (2), Lilly J (4) Madison (8) and Alex (15). Head over heels in love with my hubby Jim
GrowingUpMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 05:13 PM   #14
Moderator at heart, but no longer moderator
The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the right

ha! that is my dh too, he has no clue how much its in the acct LOLand yep we all guilty of that
SAHM to David (5) ; wife to my sweetie. Praise the Lord
sorry Im not around as I use to be
Old DS Feedback DP Feedback action NOW!!
SandyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 05:52 PM   #15
Registered Users
My Mood:

Uhm no, not me...not ever, no way

No it's bad when you sew and belong to coops. You get obsessed with all the fabrics being offered, so it's not just this print/that color...It's this combo for a soaker pad, that outer, this inner, this closure. It never ends. It's like you think you are all set to start sewing, and then someone offers up something else. I had a great all sherpa diaper and I thought, hey I'll made more of those...And here I am waiting on a colored sherpa co-op because you know colored sherpa on the outer is SO much cuter than plain white....

MelissaCoffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 05:55 PM   #16
Registered Users
My Mood:

Can't say I've done that. I LOVE looking at diapers but I control the budget so I feel guilty buying too much. Plus, if I spend too much on diapers DH will want to buy his own thing and I can't have that, his things are A LOT more expensive than diapers!
DD's - Katie (8/19/04) and Dakota (8/30/05)
DS - Zac (9/19/06)
ttatink is offline   Reply With Quote