Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-11-2008, 01:36 PM   #11
seahawk
Registered Users

Re: All my dd's bibs are stained with baby food! Help!

We use the new shout gel in the blue bottle. I am not sure of the exact name of the product and I am not at home. It gets out set in stains. So far it has not failed on anything I have used it on.

Advertisement

seahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:39 PM   #12
myjulybabes
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLBW31 View Post
Biz! It is great on stains! The powder is much better than the liquid. I use it on the girls clothes and it gets most all stains out.
this is what my mom swears by. Biz in a bucket of hot water, leave it for about 24 hours, stirring it up every once in a while, then a regular wash.
myjulybabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:39 PM   #13
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This just makes me laugh because they are bibs! Isn't that the point? They get stained and gross, not the clothes.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:05 PM   #14
amberpayne27
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

LOL! I understand your reasoning behind saying, "They're just bibs!" I don't mind having a few that are stained, but I have some that are "Baby's 1st Christmas" or "Baby's 1st Easter" that I know will be in pictures, etc. for the next baby. Maybe I'm weird, but if it's at all possible to get them clean, I'd like to. Also, if baby #2 has acid reflux like #1 did, then he/she will have to wear a bib all the time and I don't want to take the baby out in public with nasty stains all over...it just looks like I forgot to change the bib! Maybe I'm weird...but that's just me

Thanks for all your advice!!
Jesus lovin' wife to my 3rd grade sweetie and Homeschooling mama to my funny little 5 year old diva, Kelsie ,Stella Mae, my 2 year old wild child and Judah Jenkins, our sweet miracle rainbow baby born 11/3/12
Missing our tiny love bugs 6/11, 4w4d and 10/11, 9w1d
amberpayne27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:37 PM   #15
MW69842
Banned/ Member requested
formerly equivocal
seller

My Mood:

I don't put stained anything on my daughter. And I've found that spraying Bac-Out on the bibs after they've had food mess on them will get it off in the wash. If that doesn't work, for some strange reason, then I'd bleached a couple, but that's a worst case scenario.
MW69842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 08:24 PM   #16
amberpayne27
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equivocal View Post
I don't put stained anything on my daughter. And I've found that spraying Bac-Out on the bibs after they've had food mess on them will get it off in the wash. If that doesn't work, for some strange reason, then I'd bleached a couple, but that's a worst case scenario.
Looks like we have a bunch in common - our daughters are the same size, we love Komfy Kidz diapers, and now this I seriously need to get some Bac Out. I've never used it, but I keep hearing good things, so it must be good!
Jesus lovin' wife to my 3rd grade sweetie and Homeschooling mama to my funny little 5 year old diva, Kelsie ,Stella Mae, my 2 year old wild child and Judah Jenkins, our sweet miracle rainbow baby born 11/3/12
Missing our tiny love bugs 6/11, 4w4d and 10/11, 9w1d
amberpayne27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 08:38 PM   #17
5browns
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had a bib that I tried to oxy with no luck (can't remember what the original stain was from). I tried sunning and was still left with a large greyish stain. Then I used the stain stick I bought from growingseasonsoaps just to see if it would help. It did a good job of getting most of it off. So, fwiw, the borax and whatever else is in their stain stick does a pretty good job.
Sara If I'm slow to respond, it's possibly because I care for 3 non-napping children while being involved in a preschool co-op, a veggie co-op, a bible study group, and training for a 5k. I am a little busy.
5browns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 08:48 PM   #18
srfbluemama
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2LBJ View Post

As long as they're serving their purpose of keeping the mess off of clothing, who cares?

I do have a handful of bibs I really like that are handmade from etsy. Those I just rinse off at the sink after every use. Its helped keep any stains from setting in. You can also try oil cloth bibs with pockets. We have a few of these also and they wipe off easily while the pocket catches what isn't absorbed.

these are the bibs we use-
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id...ion_id=5151413

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id...ion_id=5009885

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id...ion_id=5005701
Those are gorgeous! My bibs all end up horribly stained, but I don't have anything very expensive so I don't even worry about it anymore.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:38 AM   #19
byumommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

nak

bleach pen if they are white

hth