Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-12-2008, 08:31 AM   #11
breakfastsurreal
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: What should a new parent educate themselves about?

thanks ladies!!! I hope to be as prepared as I possibly can be! I know you can never be prepared enough though and there will always be surprises and unexpected circumstances, but I want to at least try to cover all my bases!

Advertisement

breakfastsurreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:36 AM   #12
Dee
Registered Users

I don't really like the internet for solid research, the book that sealed my assurance of parenting methods that are considered taboo here in the states was called "Our Babies, Ourselves." It examined the way several other cultures, including one of the last hunter gatherer communities and several industrialized nations, parented. How they slept, ate, fed their young, etc. It absolutely captivated me and assured me that what I was doing is right for us and perfectly normal and healthy. You can check out www.askdrsears.com, that site has several facts about infant sleep and helps you make safe decisions when it comes to co-sleeping.
Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:54 AM   #13
lovespepper
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would read some books about babycare from different perspectives. Topics such as vax's, feeding, sleeping, clothing and carseats are complex and you need to see more than one side. Then I recommend you talk to professionals if you can (doctors, nurses, lactation consultants,car seat techs,etc). And finally, look into your own heart and follow your instincts since you are the mama and know your family and baby the best! Then relax, because babies are for enjoying and you don't want to worry away the time.
lovespepper is offline   Reply With Quote