Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-12-2008, 01:40 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: s/o: Please do not leave you baby/toddler alone while unbuckled or loosely buckle

Originally Posted by Trin View Post
Seems more like neglect IMO. Who straps a 2 year old in their carseat for fussyness?? If it was something that calmed the 2 year old down then the mom never should have left the room, she should have stayed with her all night. It just seems like she had a fussy toddler, she didn't want to deal so she strapped her into the carseat and went to bed??? wtf?
Originally Posted by jenn5388 View Post
that was just plain neglectful.. That was Horrible.

I don't think in normal cases a child can die that easily in a carseat, or you'd hear about it more happening on long trips or whatever because the child fell asleep. you shouldn't strap your child into a carseat for 6 hours unless you are in a car for 6 hours, and even then, take a couple breaks. lol
I posted this mainly for those Mamas that use their carseats for their Reflux/GERD babies to sleep in. I had to do it for a bit with DS#2. He would sometimes sleep right next to me at night in his carseat since he had to be upright. Since he was so young it never crossed my mind that he might wiggle and get caught up in the straps.

byumommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:58 PM   #12
Banned- member requested
Re: s/o: Please do not leave you baby/toddler alone while unbuckled or loosely buckle

I put my nb in his car seat to sleep a couple of weeks ago because he had such a bad cold-I put the car seat next to the couch and then slept on the couch so I could be near him but I won't be doing that again! sara
myfrugalfunlife is offline   Reply With Quote