Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-08-2006, 10:05 PM   #1
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

Someone please help me *so overwhelmed*

With less than two weeks until my due date, I am really starting to freak out about cloth diapering. I thought that buying some of each kind of diapers would be best for me to figure out what I like, but now I just feel like I have way too much and I'm overwhelmed and I just want simplicity. I think I really like aio's & fitteds w/wool, an prefolds. But gah I half feel like I don't want to get rid of anything until after I have the baby and know for sure what I like. But if I don't get rid of some stuff I feel like I might end up getting frusterated and give up cd'ing. Plus I could really use the money to buy a baby carrier!

I know a lot of people post their stash on here and ask other mamas to tell them what they should add, but I'm thinking I could post my stash and ask what I should get rid of?

This is what I have, If it were you, what would you sell off and what would you keep?

*I know this is a lot of stuff... please don't judge, I am addicted *

Newborn
-32 preemie prefolds
-6 really thick/soft sherpa? infant prefolds
-3 wool soakers
-2 wool longies
-1 wool shorties
-1 diaperwrap cover
-1 pull on pants cover
-20 AIO's
-6 pockets
-5 fitteds
-12 semi-fitteds

Small/medium
-14 aio's
-22 kushies aio's (old so need a cover)
-7 fitteds
-1 fleece pocket
-1 kissaluv's contour
-10 pul covers
-3 sm/m wool soakers
-2 wool longies

Other stuff
-20 prefolds that I don't know the size of premium or infant or other?
-6 pull on pants covers
-3 other random prefolds
-4 microfiber inserts
-10 random doublers
-10 fleece liners
-4 snappis
-60 wipes

And I'm not even going to go into the mediums..

Advertisement

#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 10:26 PM   #2
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

Re: Someone please help me *so overwhelmed*

Judge, are you kidding??! These ladies have crazy amounts of dipes!

If you're two weeks away from having your baby, your hormones are going crazy. You're nesting, you want everything to be neat and clean, tidy and simple. If I were you, I would wait on selling anything until after baby comes and you can see just what works for you and what doesn't.
Put your energies into scrubbing your furniture clean....that's what I did!
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 10:35 PM   #3
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

That is a good idea, I should just re-direct my attention. It's kind of hard though with 4 shelves full of diapers sitting here in the middle of my bedroom looking at me all day long. Maybe I should just cover the whole thing up with a sheet and not uncover it until the baby is born
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 11:10 PM   #4
MilkOnDemand
Registered Users
seller

Keep it all. Decide what you like after the baby arrives!
MilkOnDemand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 11:11 PM   #5
Raisingarrows
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Love that belly pic!

While I agree that you should probably wait until baby is born, here is MHO FWIW...

Newborns:
I LOVE fitteds! And velcro is my friend for the little bittys--can get a much snugger fit. Looks like you don't have a lot of covers for the NB stage, though. This was when I needed the most covers for some reason. However, if you can get the smalls to fit your newborn, then you're set. AIOs take a while to dry, but are great for going out b/c they are simple. Personally, I'm not a fan of PFs for newborns--just seem overwhelming on their teeny tiny bums. Also, pockets can be a pain at this stage too. I know nothing about wool, so I'll leave that be! lol

Smalls & Mediums:
Unless you plan on using AIOs all the time, you won't have need for that many of them. Once again, for this age I LOVE fitteds. You also might want to make sure you've got something that works for nighttime as this is about the stage a lot of people stop changing diapers in the middle of the night. Your doublers and fleece liners will come in handy for that and the sherpa PFs would be great too. When baby isn't quite so little, PFs seem to be more doable. You might be a little high on the cover side for this stage, but everyone is different--4-5 per size seems to work well for me.

You'll quickly figure out what is working and what isn't. Thankfully, you can easily sell your extras here!
Amy
Old 05-09-2006, 10:12 AM   #6
rawkstarwife
Registered Users

Ahhh, gotta love that last-minute nesting craze!

I'd hang onto all those dipes until your baby is at least a few months old and you have a good idea of what you really like and don't like and what works best for you. It can all change as your baby grows, too, so one system that works great at first might not work so great later on. Once you figure it out, you can unload what you don't use here.

In the meantime, try to redirect some of that energy! Clean out the closet, or scrub the bathroom tile!
rawkstarwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 11:04 AM   #7
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

I personally was NOT crazy about pf's....but I agree with the other ladies in that you should wait until baby is born and decide what works best...everything should sell just as well then as it would now.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:49 PM   #8
Kama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I agree with the other ladies. Keep it all and wait until your baby arrives and try it all out. You worked hard on your collection, go ahead and enjoy it!

Like previous posters said your horomones are going crazy, your nesting. The urge to simplify and make everything perfect is going to make you nuts. Your plan of covering it up with a sheet and not even looking at it until your babies birth is a very good one.
Kama is online now   Reply With Quote