Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-27-2006, 02:56 AM   #1
aschrimp
Registered Users

It's 2 am, do you know where your kids are?

I do! DS is wide awake (still) and playing on the floor at my feet.

I've nursed, I've rocked, I've walked. He's not fussy, he's just full of it tonight. He keeps biting when he is nursing, playing when I rock him...screeching and crawling all over the bed banging on the walls and waking up dh when I try to just lay quietly with him.

So...at 1:30 we got up out of bed (after trying to get him down for an hour and a half) and we are out in the living room, where he is playing with his toys quite happily. WTH?!?!

His bedtime had crept back when he was sick the past couple of weeks due to extra daytime napping, but we had slowly worked back onto his normal schedule of bedtime around 11. Tonight, though, he has another plan in mind.

Advertisement

Andrea - Mama to Lexy (9/7/05) & Serenity (3/14/09)! My Feedback: DS EBay
aschrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:19 AM   #2
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

Re: It's 2 am, do you know where your kids are?

Man I could have written this post. Same deal with Whilder tonight, but I just got her to fall asleep finally on the couch. It's more normal for her though, she usually goes to sleep late, but I was realllly wanting her to sleep early tonight so I could get some stuff done! I hope you ds is in bed by now mama!
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 04:46 AM   #3
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

I know how you feel mama, Lilly is not a sleeper at all. The past 2 nights she has shocked me by going to sleep at 10pm. Of course she still gets up every 3 hours and is fully awake no later than 4:30am, makes for a really long day!! Hopefully he will sleep in for you.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:22 AM   #4
pingumel

you know, every so often evan will do this too. last time was when he was about 9 months. no rhyme/reason. he'd only do it for 2-3 nights and then he'd stop.

just remember, this too shall pass ...
Old 09-27-2006, 09:35 AM   #5
Luvmybabies
My two cuties :)
sitesupporter
seller

I can count on one hand the amount of times that Corey has been a good sleeper in his almost 18 months of life. It was a rude awakening for us too... our DD was sleeping through the night very early on.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:04 AM   #6
aschrimp
Registered Users

Well, we tried again around 2:30, and after a little more nursing, biting and rocking, and nursing again...he finally fell asleep. Now my dilemma is: do I roust him out of bed at his normal time and deal with a fussy boy today in the hopes that he will go down for his nap on time and we won't have a another late night, or do I go ahead and let him sleep until 1 (which is when he will probably sleep until if I don't get him up), and almost guarantee myself a late nap and repeat night owl performance...

Andrea - Mama to Lexy (9/7/05) & Serenity (3/14/09)! My Feedback: DS EBay
aschrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 11:07 AM   #7
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, since my kids are all asleep by 730, i dont have to deal with that.. BUT iw ill be joining that group in March LOL....

Sorry you all have night owls. Send em here. Hubby is up nightly till at least 3 or 4 am. he is a night owl too. and still get up for work by 630