Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-14-2008, 04:51 PM   #1
amrijane128
Registered Users
seller

Jogging stroller

I'm looking into getting this stroller (please leave me one if you like it too! ) and was wondering what the general consensus is on them.

I'm not an avid runner, but would like to own one to jog and to use throughout the city. Would the non-swivling front wheel be a pain? Our town is set up poorly for pedestrians and there are alot of narrow sidewalks and sharp turns, as well as bumpy sidewalks. I'd use it on river trails and throughout town as well.

Do you love yours? Hate it? What would you change/add? Thanks!

Advertisement

Last edited by amrijane128; 06-14-2008 at 04:53 PM.
amrijane128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 06:07 PM   #2
mg1278
Registered Users

Re: Jogging stroller

I don't know about Schwinn, but I have a BOB Ironman which has a fixed front wheel and I love it. I thought it might be hard to turn, but running with it has been fairly easy. You can either pop a wheelie or kind of lean more to the side you need to turn. I think you'd want a fixed wheel for the bumpy sidewalks - I'd be concerned that the bumps might be enough to jar a lockable swivel wheel loose and it wouldn't be as stable. However, the fixed wheel might be a pain if you want to use the stroller for going to stores and such. That is a really pretty stroller - I'd look around to see if they sell any kind of attachment for water bottles though. I find I get really thirsty running with my stroller and could therefore not live without my handlebar console. I do wish my stroller collapsed a little more compact without having to take off the front wheel.

Do you have a store locally that you could go and test the fixed wheel out? I felt a lot better about buying my BOB after I tested it out at REI.
mg1278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:37 PM   #3
amrijane128
Registered Users
seller

Thanks so much for the input it was a ton of help. I didn't even think to try REI: I'll definitely head over there to try one out firsthand.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:24 AM   #4
lulusmom
Keepin' it Crunchy!
seller

My Mood:

I've run marathons so it was really important to buy something that would stand up to the miles when I train for another one. I ended up buying the BOB Revolution with the lockable front wheel. It was a tough decision between that and the Ironman, but I liked the fact that I could use the swivel wheel when I wanted to and also there is a conversion kit for the Revolution to turn it into a cargo storage thingie after it's done being a stroller, so I like that it can be repurposed after my lo is too old for it. So far it's held up to my long runs, which are about 10 miles right now, and running 4 days a week. It collapses pretty compactly and is very easy to collapse/set up. I love it. I had a Jeep Overland jogging stroller for a couple months before that one I ended up returning because it gave me nothing but headaches, dd hated it, it was heavy, hard to maneuver, and didn't collapse nearly as small. The BOB was more money, but you get what you pay for when it comes to jogging strollers in many cases. The BOB was totally worth it and I have nothing but praise for it.

Helen-Natural birthing, extended bf'ing, cosleeping, non-vaxxin' mama to Holly Lu 8/18/07
lulusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:58 AM   #5
arrowbabie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a babytrend jogging stroller. It was reasonable in $, which is why I chose to get it. Its works great on walks or jogs and I use it when we go to the mall or just out and about. However, if you are getting a stroller to use when running, I DO NOT recommend it. I wish I would've purchased one with a fixed front wheel for this reason. It shakes and it wobbles all of the time when going too fast.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:26 PM   #6
sandiev43
Registered Users

I have a bob, its both, the wheel can be fixed or it can swivel which I LOVE!!! I can use it and navigate in target, and go running on the trails,,, its sooo smooth.. Also mine is a double so if a double is sooo easy, I can walk the dog, push and turn the stroller with one hand,, imagine how great a single would be! I would just spend the money for a bob.. Keep it nice for a few years and I am sure they keep good resale value.. I LOVE my bob stroller
sandiev43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 02:22 PM   #7
laj
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Another BOB fan here! We have the Revolution Duallie and LOVE it!!! DH and I are both runners and not only is it amazing for that, it's great for walking, shopping, etc. since you can set the wheel to lock or swivel - and we've never had a problem with the wheel unlocking. We have the parent console that holds 2 water bottles and has a zippered compartment for keys, cell, or whatever, and the diaper bag that attaches onto the handlebar.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:02 PM   #8
mkkeleher
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yep - get a Bob Revolution. It's the only stroller you need. I lock the wheel when I'm jogging and then I unlock it when we're going everywhere else. I use it in the mall, Target, etc... I love, love, love it!
mkkeleher is offline   Reply With Quote