Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-16-2008, 10:50 AM   #21
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: how did you pick your LO's name?

Dh picked Kain (from a video game) and I wasn't keen on it. After many months of talking about only that name, it became him. Any other name sounded foreign..like if you were to start calling your child (already born) a different name after years. In my head, I would say Kain Vincent and it sounded right..and every time I was trying to think of names, it always came back to me. I hadn't mentioned it, then dh did one day. I said, "Hey! That's what I've been thinking of!" and that was it. He was Kain Vincent. Then I found out Vincent is from another favorite video game of dh's.

With ds2, dh hated every name I suggested. I was due around my mom's bday and we talked about maybe a name somehow close to hers. Dh came up with Drake. I didn't like it at first, but after saying it a few times..I liked it okay. Trying to think of a middle name for it, I though of Thomas, but again didn't say it. When dh mentioned it, I said that's it! My mom's name is Kendra - Drake is like a mixed up 'piglatin' version, lol. Even though we weren't trying, his middle name is Thomas and fil's name is Tommy.

Advertisement

Old 06-16-2008, 10:54 AM   #22
4chixmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Cassidy Amaya- Cassidy is a Grateful Dead song that I love, & had that picked as a name since I was in 6th grade. Amaya I found in a .99 baby name book. It's Japanese & means "night rain" (according to the book, anyway)
McKinna Josie-McKenna is a family surname, & I tweaked the spelling. Josie was my great-grandmother's name.
Riley Colleen- Riley is another family surname, on dh's side. Colleen is my best friend's middle name.
Delaney Violet-Delaney is yet another family surname, & Violet is dh's grandma's middle name. I wanted to name her either Tessa or Norah, but dh wanted to stick with the Irish surname theme the other 3 have.
4chixmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 11:23 AM   #23
mom2jirms
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4chixmama View Post
Cassidy Amaya- Cassidy is a Grateful Dead song that I love, & had that picked as a name since I was in 6th grade. Amaya I found in a .99 baby name book. It's Japanese & means "night rain" (according to the book, anyway)
McKinna Josie-McKenna is a family surname, & I tweaked the spelling. Josie was my great-grandmother's name.
Riley Colleen- Riley is another family surname, on dh's side. Colleen is my best friend's middle name.
Delaney Violet-Delaney is yet another family surname, & Violet is dh's grandma's middle name. I wanted to name her either Tessa or Norah, but dh wanted to stick with the Irish surname theme the other 3 have.
Love your avatar mama!!!

Janessa Jai is something I totally made up. Just wanted something different.
Isaiah Alexander, Isaiah is from the movie Losing Isaiah and Alexander just sounds like it went well with it.
Reanna Renae, Reanna was "supposed" to be from the song by Stevie Nicks Rhiannon but umm didn't find that out till sometime later that in the song it's not Reanna she's singing. and Renae just something that sounded well with Reanna
Mylee Grace, Reanna actually named Mylee after you got it Hannah Montana. I couldn't think of anything so I considered it after I threw Grace in there and it sounded great with it.
Shawn Richard Thomas will be after dh's lil' brother that passed away, his fathers name and a favorite uncle who passed away. It was originally just gonna be Shawn Thomas but I guess he wants to add his family tree too
Old 06-16-2008, 08:36 PM   #24
mmmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4chixmama View Post
Cassidy Amaya- Cassidy is a Grateful Dead song that I love, & had that picked as a name since I was in 6th grade. Amaya I found in a .99 baby name book. It's Japanese & means "night rain" (according to the book, anyway).
I LOVE Amaya and yes it is Japanese and means night rain. It was on my list for Miya but she just semmed more like a Miya than and Amaya.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:42 PM   #25
4chixmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

[QUOTE=Roserob73;3877725]Love your avatar mama!!!

Thanks mama. The walking cubbie bear was actually my brother's first tattoo.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:43 PM   #26
4chixmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmom View Post
I LOVE Amaya and yes it is Japanese and means night rain. It was on my list for Miya but she just semmed more like a Miya than and Amaya.
It's good to know it means what I thought. It's hard to tell with some baby books.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:49 PM   #27
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I dreamt both Kearnan and Tharen. Kearnan long before I got pregnant with him. Tharen early in my pregnancy (while I was still sure he would be a girl). I never had a question that those were supposed to be their names. Arawyn is the only one I didnt' dream of. Not even once in my pregnancy. Looking back that might have been some kind of warning, or maybe it was nothing. Her name was really really hard for us. We fought back and forth over it a long time. Dh didn't like any of the names I wanted for a girl (we had decided on Leithan Scott for a boy) and I didn't like any he wanted. Then we opened a mythology book (yes I know it's a strange place to chose a baby name) and saw Arawyn (Arawn actually but I figured no one would pronounce it correctly that way) and it was just perfect. Maybe that should also have been a tip off, named for the Welsh King of the land of fairy. Lorraine was just because it sounded pretty and I like that it is sort of old fashioned without being too weird. My mom kept telling me if I insisted on giving my kids strange names they should have normal names to fall back on as middle names. I knew Kearnan's middle name was meant to be William so that was fine, and I went with it with Arawyn, giving her Lorraine as a middle name. But when it was time to name Tharen I knew his middle name was meant to be Frost. I just couldn't make Scott work for him, though I woudl love to because it was supposed to be in honor of my best friend who passed. So I figure if he hates his name as an adult he is free to change it. He could go by Arron or change it entirely. But I hope he keeps it just the way it is, and I believe that he will.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:09 PM   #28
ronansmum
Registered Users

It was the only name DH and I agreed upon. We went back and forth on the middle name up to the day he was born and we still couldn't decide so he now has two middle names.
ronansmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:18 PM   #29
lovemy3boys
FUN & MENTAL are Fundamental
seller

My Mood:

Conner James-- Conner is just a name we liked... and spelling it Connor never even occured to us until everyone started spelling it 'wrong' lol. James is DH's grandpas name

Haden Riley-- didn't really come from anywhere. it was origonaly Riley Scott but i wasn't so sure of the scott part, so we changed it.

Mason Daniel--again mason didn't really come from anywhere, but my middle name is Danielle, so Daniel is the male version...
Old 06-16-2008, 10:36 PM   #30
myjulybabes
Registered Users

Margaret Cecelia-- 2 of my grandmothers

Aidan Daniel-- We knew from the day we found out I was pregnant his middle name would be Daniel or Danielle after FIL. Dh vetoed every. single. boys name I came up with til I threw up my hands and said "fine, YOU pick something!" After searching some baby name sites, he suggested Aidan or Xavier and Aidan just sounded right to me.

Zoe Michelle-- I suggested Zoe soon after we knew she was a girl, but we didn't quite settle on it, we kept a list of names about a mile long. As we got closer to my due date, we narrowed it down little by little, but went to the hospital still undecided. After she was born and we were back in my room (c-section), dh asked what we were going to name her, and I told him I was still thinking Zoe...to my surprise, he agreed. I think he may have been humoring me after watching all I went through to get her here, but it's worked out. She's definitely a Zoe, not any of the other names we had in mind! Michelle is because his name is Michael, and I had a good friend named Michelle who passed away a few years ago.