Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-16-2008, 01:59 PM   #11
Nicki
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: UGH! Bringing Home Baby on TLC right now...sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae View Post
I saw that one a while ago, I think. Wasn't the dad worried about what the mom would say if she knew he'd picked the baby up?

Either way, so sad. New place, new people, and she's just supposed to adjust?
Yeah, he kinda whispered to the camera man..."as soon as she's in the shower, I'm gonna pick her up, I can't let her cry like that."

Advertisement

Old 06-16-2008, 02:01 PM   #12
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acacia View Post
How unfortunate to want a baby so bad you go to China to adopt and then allow the poor thing to lay there and cry. That really make me sad.
^that
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
Old 06-16-2008, 02:04 PM   #13
RoxyRocks
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I missed that one I hate that show with a passion I saw the one today that had a women with 2 nannys....ohhh life is hard
Old 06-16-2008, 02:05 PM   #14
mamacake
Registered Users
seller

that is awful...I think in some cases a mild CIT plan is OK with a child who has been with you since birth (even though I wont ever do it) But an (older) adopted child should NEVER EVER do CIT-- many adoption experts say you should treat that child like a newborn when you first bring them home- carry them everywhere, feed them from your hands, etc. They haven't ever fully bonded with any caretaker and they need to bond with you!
That makes me so sad....
Old 06-16-2008, 02:08 PM   #15
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaceraden View Post
Sooooooooooo glad I missed that one. Would have thrown something at the TV.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:58 PM   #16
njbeachgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFabMama View Post
I can not watch these shows for various reasons, and I don't want to break our TV by throwing things at it. LOL
Yep!!!
Old 06-16-2008, 03:05 PM   #17
starbuckmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am sure all of us mommy's have made parenting mistakes before and I hope no one has judged you for those mistakes.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:11 PM   #18
BCainThacker
Registered Users

My Mood:

that child just was uprooted from one place and flown thousands of miles away from the only thing it knew. well i agree with being saddened by it. if it was me i would be taking that baby int he tub with me, loving on her and not even really thinking of myself at all. wait i do that with my daughter hmmm. i just think its rather depressing so many people think babies, no matter what age they are, should cry it out. children need to be nurtured not forced to cry.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:44 PM   #19
mamacake
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbuckmom View Post
I am sure all of us mommy's have made parenting mistakes before and I hope no one has judged you for those mistakes.
I have definately made mistakes before! But i think this is a little more extreme and a different situation than just a parenting "mistake"...

We are planning to adopt internationally at some point so I've read a lot about it and ALL the books about international adoption stress the importance of bonding and not using CIT or other techniques that might be OK in another parenting situation but that are not OK with kids who come from institutions/ orphanages and have major trust issues. Since these people presumably spent upwards of $15,000 to adopt this little girl, I would have hoped that along with that financial committment they would have read more about how to parent an older adopted child and not taken this potentially damaging approach.

And yes, maybe this is judgemental, but it sounds akin to child abuse in my opinion given the circumstances, and I dont hesistate to judge that any form of child abuse is wrong!

Last edited by mamacake; 06-16-2008 at 03:45 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-16-2008, 03:52 PM   #20
jn__
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can't stand that show for a lot of reasons, it always makes me want to cry or scream for one reason or another. I love how bf NEVER works out and they "had to switch to formula ssss... ho humm.." And the wrongly installed/buckled car seats and every other typical mainstream mistake you hear about everywhere else. Not that mainstream is bad I mean you just hear the same crud over and over and over. I really had to stop watching that show lol