Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-16-2008, 04:46 PM   #21
mylittleprincess34
Banned
seller

My Mood:
Re: UGH! Bringing Home Baby on TLC right now...sigh.

I didn't watch it but I know I've had to let mine scream for a few minutes for me to get a shower. I didn't have anyone here to watch her and I thought I'd go crazy if I smelled myself any longer. Of course she wasn't adopted so she hadn't been through that ordeal. By the time I got out of the shower she was playing with her toys in the playpen and grinning at me

Advertisement

Old 06-16-2008, 04:54 PM   #22
waitingtobe
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbuckmom View Post
I am sure all of us mommy's have made parenting mistakes before and I hope no one has judged you for those mistakes.
ITA!

I have let my DD CIO at 2 weeks old *gasp*...I really think that making a post about how a fellow mom parents is not cool. We should be try to be more supportive, she might not have all you super moms around her to show her what to do.

Check out my Mommy Blog at www.andbrooklynmakesthress.blogspot.com
Old 06-16-2008, 05:15 PM   #23
napua
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtobe View Post
ITA!

I have let my DD CIO at 2 weeks old *gasp*...I really think that making a post about how a fellow mom parents is not cool. We should be try to be more supportive, she might not have all you super moms around her to show her what to do.
Wow, just wow.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:17 PM   #24
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
ITA!

I wouldn't go so far as to judge and say these are horrible moms, but I couldn't be supportive in either situation.

Old 06-16-2008, 05:37 PM   #25
skybluepink02
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
ITA!

I can't be supportive of this or the adoptive mom. Sorry.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:38 PM   #26
xkellyx
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My father-in-law told me to let my LO "Cry it Out" so that her lungs could develop properly....

*sigh*
Old 06-16-2008, 05:54 PM   #27
EricaLynn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ive seen that one.... luckily the dad said that he was going to pick her upbefore i ripped the tv off the stand.

Although I think the mother was a little too excited/ hyper/ ditzy to chill out at that exact moment....
Old 06-16-2008, 06:35 PM   #28
Kanga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There was no reason the baby needed to cry. She was over tired and probably confused as all get out. They had a house full of people that could have watched the baby, it's not like mom was home alone and was going crazy. Actually the way she approached it was the most disturbing. She wasn't stressed out, at her wits end, with no idea about what else to do. Just oh, I think I'll shower now, and baby will CIO, ho hum, that's just what you do. No emotion about it whatsoever.

Quote:
I missed that one I hate that show with a passion I saw the one today that had a women with 2 nannys....ohhh life is hard
I liked her. If she can afford two nanny's, more power to her. She certainly didn't seem to be the type to just dump the kids on the nanny and go shopping all day.

Quote:
Sorry, I can't and won't be supportive of something that makes me sick to my stomach.

[COLOR="Red"]ISO: Girly Alva or Sunbaby OS for a mama on a budget.

Last edited by Kanga; 06-23-2008 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Attacking
Old 06-16-2008, 07:01 PM   #29
alysaysrelax
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm sorry,I don't even let my 3 year old cry it out.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:12 PM   #30
jennym91005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i think CIO is ok to a point. I suck at it, but sometimes its the only thing you can do. when you are home alone with a baby who wont sleep and you a tired (only able to sleep 3-4 hr/day), hungry b/c you couldnt eat all day and have to go to work in a few hrs for the night w/out a nap yourself, you are willing to TRY anything. many people say CIO works (not for my son it didnt ) and all those people cant be wrong. just like AP parents dont like to be told they are "spoiling" their child by wearing them, cosleeping, and everything, CIO moms dont want to be told they are wrong and "not attached", selfish, uncaring and all that.
i do agree in the adoption case, them mom shouldnt have le the baby CIO, she needed love, snuggles, and a chance to adapt and know that she is LOVED.