Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-18-2008, 07:49 AM   #21
Airyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Hugs Please - Feeling like a horrible mommy :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourpatch_babe View Post
mama, you are NOT a bad mommy. Your child was not alone in the car while you went shopping. It was an accident that could happen to anyone, anytime and you don't need to beat yourself up over it. I'd def do what Terra said and go out and buy something to keep a copy of your car keys hidden under it. I used to have one of those, it was called The Hubby, lol. But now that he's away I'm going to have to get me one of those.
Ok, that cracked me up.

Advertisement

I am a child of God.
Airyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:05 AM   #22
max's mommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGS FOR YOU !!!!!!!!!!

I have done this too, you are NOT the only ONE !!!!
You are human, you are a busy mommy, and accidents happen!!!!
I'm so glad everything turned out okay.

Mom to Maxwell (6/04) and Hugo (12/07) . Happily married to the most amazing husband EVER, Mark
max's mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:39 AM   #23
mommyof3monsters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My one of my bestfriends ahd something similar happen to her on base at the bx , she went and got one of those magnet key holder deals and stuck it up on the inside of their back bumper incase something like that ever happens to her again .... I've thought about doing it but I"m not above breaking out one of my windows if I absoloutely had to ( ie if the fire dept was going to be more than 5 -10 mins depending on the weather ) .. our insurance is GREAT and would cover that
mommyof3monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:44 AM   #24
ceelynncee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

for you and your LO!
ceelynncee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:53 AM   #25
momtojande
Registered Users
Formerly: JonsMommy

My Mood:

I'm always afraid of that happening. No one's immune to making mistakes, not even that woman who was being rude. (And I would have worried about broken glass too.)
momtojande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:34 AM   #26
firstkid4me
Registered Users

I'd report her to a manager, just because she works at Good Will or Salvation Army and people are paying less for items doesn't mean she doesn't need to be nice to them!
Old 06-18-2008, 09:48 AM   #27
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You're not a bad mom at all. In fact, those people were completely stupid to treat you that way. Even in the heat, I wouldn't have freaked out at all until my kiddo started crying. Crappy things happen, it was just an accident and 10 minutes is seriously not that bad at all. You did the right thing and your DD is fine. I would try to call and complain about the one that said she was going to report you or whatever. How lousy is she??
Old 06-18-2008, 10:30 AM   #28
kelseyjoy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am so sorry! These things happen to the best of moms! Don't feel bad about it. At least you aren't one of those moms who leaves their kid in the car on purpose! Sounds like your little one is doing well now. I hate when people make rude and thoughtless comments. I hope that someone is there to point out that rude mom's mistakes the next time she messes up, cause we all mess up at one point or another.

Last edited by kelseyjoy; 06-18-2008 at 10:31 AM.
kelseyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:32 AM   #29
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airyl View Post
Thank you so much for all the support. About the mean lady, I was also thinking that if I broke the window she could get hurt. She would have woken up and then started crying and flailing around in broken glass. I figured if the FD couldn't get the car open, they would at least know the safest way to break the glass. Oh well, I was really po'd at her, but hopefully I will just remember how it felt and make sure that I'm more supportive when others are in similar situations. And now it seems funny to me that I thought I could possibly get in trouble with the police, I was just already panicking, and that news story was what popped into my head. I'm a little paranoid already without anyone's help.

The hubby was very supportive when we picked him up from work, and took us out for chinese. Oh, and as Terra mentioned, I'm thinking I will get a little key keeper and put it somewhere (hopefully) very inconspicuous on the car. In the meantime, dh suggested keeping my keys in my pocket.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone again. You mamas are great!
good idea about the pocket I actually bought one of those stretchy ring things that you can put around your wrist so I keep them there the whole time too
Terra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:37 AM   #30
Airyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

About reporting the woman - the manager (or manager on duty at least) was standing by the car with me when she made the second comment. I think she tried to tell her to back off after she said it, but I just turned away from her after sarcastically telling her that her comment was really helpful at the moment (I was shocked - didn't know what else to say), so I don't know exactly what was said.

I'm still po'd but I'm trying to just let it go. I tend to stay bitter about things, and that won't help anyone. As a pp mentioned, everyone makes mistakes, including her. Hopefully this was one of those and not a good indicator of who she really is. I'm going to keep telling myself that anyway...

ETA:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
good idea about the pocket I actually bought one of those stretchy ring things that you can put around your wrist so I keep them there the whole time too
Ooh, I like that! I used to have one for my bike lock key. If I keep a key in my pocket, one on my wrist, and one in a little magnet box, I should be all set right?

I am a child of God.

Last edited by Airyl; 06-18-2008 at 10:39 AM.
Airyl is offline   Reply With Quote